Asus TF101-b and BG1, can't get it to work.

xakaron

i'm sure i have it configured incorrectly, but i can't seem to see what's wrong with it.

i configured gemrb data location to use SD card storage

specify directory is set to /mnt/sdcard/app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb

GoG BG1 installed to my pc and all files copied directly into /mnt/sdcard/app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb

attached is a screenshot of the /mnt/sdcard/app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb directory showing the BG1 files in it.

also attached are my gemrb.cfg and my gemrb.log file.

i'm sure i've simply got the cfg file or the data location file messed up, but nothing i change it to seems to help. i've left the cfg file at ./ as well as hardcoding the full path, /mnt/sdcard/app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb and get the same behavior either way...gemrb starts, then shuts down and i'm back at the desktop.

one more thing, i do have switchme installed to allow multiple user profiles on the tablet, not sure if that is interfering or not.

any help would be appreciated.

post-6414-0-95866900-1362003534_thumb.jpg

GemRB.cfg.txt

GemRB.log.txt

[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: override/bg1##################################################### (GemRB Override)

Surely you didn't create this folder, so it looks like the editor you used screwed up your line endings. Fix your config accordingly or if you don't know how, remove all the lines/parts that start with #

thanks, lynx, i rebuilt the gemrb.cfg file with a different text editor, removing all the # and am now getting farther, however the game is still failing. going through the gemrb.log file it stops in the middle of a line "[unknown " and that's it. included are the new cfg file and the log file, if anyone could take a look i would appreciate it.

GemRB.log.txt

GemRB.cfg.txt

the log is fine, but note the faq ...

#####################################################

# Video Parameters #

#####################################################

#NOTE: SCREEN width and height can NOT be ARBITRARY without installing the

# widescreen mod: http://www.gibberlings3.net/widescreen/

#Resolutions supported by the original games (gemrb) are:

# * 640x480 (except in iwd2)

# * 800x600 (bg2, iwd:how, iwd2)

# * 1024x768 (bg2, iwd:how, iwd2)

# * 1280x1024 (bg2, iwd:how, iwd2)

#Screen width

Width=640

#Screen height

Height=480

<p>Hi guys, I've ASUS TFT101 and I have some problem with GemRB latest version.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I have BG1 + TOTSC.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>With GemRB app from Android store, everything works well and speedy (speed is too fast, but that isn't a problem). But Android store version is an old version of GemRB with some serious bugs: "traps bug" is the main and locked me in some location, so I can't go on with the game.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>So, I tryed latest version of GemRB, I configured that (configuration and installation path are different from android store version) and played BG1 + TOTSC: the game works and I can load my saved games but all things became very very slow, also loading time or new character definition.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Someone know what kind of problem cause that? I know that latest version of GemRB has a built-in patch for wide-screen.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thank you in advance,</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Pinì</p>

<p> </p>

<p>

<br />
<span style="color: #282828"><span style="font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif">I know that latest version of GemRB has a built-in patch for wide-screen.</span></span>
<br />

<br />

who told you that? it's completely untrue.<br />

</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Sorry, I misunderstood that thing. I've seen that the game now runs on "full display" like area, not only on 640x480 area.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Can you give me some information about the problem? Could it be a tegra2 performance problem?</p>

<p>Thank you.</p>

Archived