Coran's Hanali talks

Nilfalasiel

I'd never tried this sequence before, so I decided to give it a go on my current Bhaalspawn: Chapter 7, Coran romance successfully 'completed' (vow talk) a while ago. The first rune talk (the one with the heart pendants) triggered as it should have, but I don't seem to be getting anything beyond that. I've searched for previous threads on this topic, and I gather there should be a 5min timer, and the next talk should trigger upon resting, as long as you're not inside a dungeon. But that's not happening. I wandered around for over 5mins, changed areas and tried resting repeatedly, but no dice.

I did save and quit after the pendant talk, though, thinking I could pick up where the sequence left off later: could that have messed up the timer?

I'm not 100% sure which talk you are talking about, since they all feature the Hanali's rune. But I would assume it's the first talk, after which there should be a morning after(and Coran, ahem, "sets you free" ;) talk ). Did you have it?

If it hasn't triggered for some reason, click on him, and the dialogue may be stuck in his player-initiated menu.

The talks are working; were for me a few versions ago, at least, and I don't think anything changed. If nothing's in Coran's menu and you still aren't getting anything, post your Global("X#CoranHanaliRune","GLOBAL"). Don't change any variables! :)

I'm not 100% sure which talk you are talking about, since they all feature the Hanali's rune. But I would assume it's the first talk, after which there should be a morning after(and Coran, ahem, "sets you free" ;) talk ). Did you have it?

Yes, that's the one I was talking about, sorry if it wasn't clear. I did get the morning after talk, to which I replied "thanks for the offer, but I'll wait", at which point Coran said he needed some cold water :D There was nothing after that, however, even after waiting and resting repeatedly.

The talks are working; were for me a few versions ago, at least, and I don't think anything changed. If nothing's in Coran's menu and you still aren't getting anything, post your Global("X#CoranHanaliRune","GLOBAL"). Don't change any variables! :)

I've checked his PID menu several times as well, there was nothing there that I hadn't seen before. I'll get back to you with the global when I have a chance to look it up.

Okay, best of luck. And while you're at it(and if the talks don't trigger after several minutes), please check

Global("P#CoranRomanceInactive", "GLOBAL")

Global("P#CoranLover","GLOBAL")

in addition to

Global("X#CoranHanaliRune","GLOBAL")

- maybe his romance suddenly went inactive, or his lover variable, I don't know, didn't set? Although making Coran your devoted lover without having any sex - that'd be a miracle, all right!

Ok, here we are:

X#CoranHanaliRune is at 4.

P#CoranRomanceInactive doesn't exist.

P#CoranLover is at 2.

I'm still getting Coran-initiated flirts, and there are still flirts in the PID menu, so the romance is obviously still active.

Obviously, yes. The mod's script tells me that if both timers have indeed run out(you waited at least ten minutes to be sure, right?), and you are not in a dungeon, you should be fine at rest - other variables should be set. A quirk with a timer, maybe?

Let's do this: set

CLUACONSOLE:SetGlobal("X#CoranHanaliRune","GLOBAL",5)

and click on Coran. I'm still convinced it's a timer issue; if we get another report, however, I'll retest it and see what I uncover.

Yep, setting the CoranHanaliRune global to 5 did the trick. Clicking on him afterwards brought up the second rune convo. There's no "morning after" talk after that one, is there?

I kept a save right beforehand, so I can test it out in continuous play tomorrow, in case it's the saving and quitting that borked the timer the first time around.

Thanks!

Ok, finally got time to play at some length...

...and I have bad news. The second talk fires upon talking to Coran after setting CoranHanaliRune to 5, as I've already said. But after that, the problem persists. Nothing happens when I rest (I've just waited for over 10 minutes outside Baldur's Gate, had a Coran flirt and two banters trigger while I waited), and Coran's normal PID menu pops up when I click on him.

CoranHanaliRune is now at 6, by the way (it progressed on its own, I didn't set it).

It's obvious something went wrong in your game, so I guess setting

SetGlobal("X#CoranHanaliRune","GLOBAL",7)

SetGlobal("X#CoranHanaliRune","GLOBAL",9)

SetGlobal("X#CoranHanaliRune","GLOBAL",13)

SetGlobal("X#CoranHanaliRune","GLOBAL",15)

SetGlobal("X#CoranHanaliRune","GLOBAL",17) is your solution.

Just in case anyone'd like to follow up on this: I checked Coran's Hanali talks for the latest version myself, and they were fine.

(I found an issue with Coran's Friendship, though, but it's for another forum.)

Archived