Just Cast the Spell All Ready

Melisah

I have looked high and low and can't seem to find a mod (all though it seems to me I used to have this mod) to quiet the spell casters so they cast a spell with out all the chanting. It takes too long in my opinion for them to do their babbling before the healing and/or fireballs are released from their fingertips. I just want them to quickly cast the spell, heal me or kill what ever they are aiming at and shut up about it, I don't need the Latin lesson when I'm about to bleed to death from a huge, gaping, wound I got from some Orc who happened to get in a lucky shot.

Does anyone know of a mod for this?

As far as I know, the voices are not responsible for the casting delay. The voices could be disabled by overwriting the sound files.

Each spell has a casting time, ranging from 1 to 9, which indicates how many tenths of a round it takes between starting to cast the spell and witnessing its effect. If the spellcaster is damaged during this time, the spellcasting will fail. Setting this value to 0 in each spell, or giving a character an item or effect that increases their casting speed by 10, would make all spells cast instantly.

I don't know of any existing mods that do these things.

Oh okay, thanks again for the response. You have been most helpful to me. :)

What I would like to do is have the healing spells cast as quickly as my ranger casts them in IWD so I will play with the casting times and see what I can come up with.

A mod that changes the arcane spellcasting system would likely affect casting speed, as the way it works in vanilla BG2 reflects PnP rules. You could even write a mod, either a kit or a replacement casting system for arcane and/or divine spells...and it looks like that's the direction you're taking, based on your comment about casting times. I'll be interested to see what you come up with for this issue :)

Heh, well I probably won't come up with anything, at least not from a mod stand point.

I have no idea how to do the technical side of modding. My "expertise" and I use that term loosely, is with portraits and voicing. Hell, I couldn't even figure out how to get my expansion packs to install properly on Windows 7 which is what brought me back here in the first place. :blush:

Not finding what I am looking for and have no idea how to change speed variables for casting. What I'd like is for my priest, healing spells to be cast as quickly as my innate, healing spells. No chanting, just a simple flash of light and you're healed.

Old topic I know...

I remember you saying that the very first item(ring) you ever published had the nearly the searched effect, as it lowered the casting delay by 9, yeah, it's not exactly instant, but it's far closer than that of the default.

I also had the item somewhere a long time ago...

As for a mod code to do the requested ... I won't be able to give it here and now, but it's fairly doable.

Old topic I know...
I remember you saying that the very first item(ring) you ever published had the nearly the searched effect, as it lowered the casting delay by 9, yeah, it's not exactly instant, but it's far closer than that of the default.

I also had the item somewhere a long time ago...

Long ago I made a cheat mod with a ring that has this ability. However, the ring also makes it possible to cast multiple spells per round. I didn't have the time to adapt it to Melisah's purposes, but it sounded anyway like she might be better suited with a mod that reduced the casting speed of healing spells, which would work across all characters without requiring any item use or additional effort from the player.

Edit: Now I'm just remembering poorly. That ring does not reduce casting speed at all, but it does make it possible to cast multiple spells per round. If it did reduce casting speed, then it would be possible to cast infinite spells per round.

Edit: Now I'm just remembering poorly. That ring does not reduce casting speed at all, but it does make it possible to cast multiple spells per round. If it did reduce casting speed, then it would be possible to cast infinite spells per round.
Well, that's the very item I was referring to... so it wasn't your faulty memory. Hmm... about the code, Mike could this code do the effect, I know to ask from you cause you are more familiar with these... yes, it's for all spells as that was the original request. Now it's overpowered and all but that's not our problem... :D

BACKUP ~ImpsSpellSystemAdjustments/backup~
AUTHOR ~Jarno Mikkola @ http://www.shsforums.net/topic/49924-iispellsystemadjustments/~
README ~ImpsSpellSystemAdjustments/Readme.txt~
VERSION ~v0.1 betya for 8~

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.spl$~ ~override~
 PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x71) THEN BEGIN // protects against invalid files
   READ_LONG  0x64 "abil_off"
   READ_SHORT 0x68 "abil_num"
    SET ~loops~ = 0
    SET ~delta~ = 0
    WHILE (~loops~ < ~abil_num~) BEGIN
	  READ_LONG (abil_off + 0x12 + (0x28 * loops)) ~spl_delay~
	  PATCH_IF ("%spl_delay%" > 0) THEN BEGIN
	    WRITE_LONG (abil_off + 0x12 + (0x28 * loops)) ~0~
	  SET ~loops~ = (loops + 1)
    END
  END			  //yes, there maybe a few too many ENDs here
   END
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
 END
END 

Okay, here you go. Divine healing and non-hostile necromantic spells set to casting speed 1 to match Bhaalspawn innates.

BACKUP ~ImpsSpellSystemAdjustments/backup~
AUTHOR ~Jarno Mikkola @ http://www.shsforums.net/topic/49924-iispellsystemadjustments/~
README ~ImpsSpellSystemAdjustments/Readme.txt~
VERSION ~v0.1 betya for 8~

COPY_EXISTING
   ~sppr103.spl~ ~override~ // Cure Light Wounds
   ~sppr201.spl~ ~override~ // Aid
   ~sppr212.spl~ ~override~ // Slow Poison
   ~sppr315.spl~ ~override~ // Cure Medium Wounds
   ~sppr317.spl~ ~override~ // Cure Disease
   ~sppr308.spl~ ~override~ // Remove Paralysis
   ~sppr401.spl~ ~override~ // Cure Serious Wounds
   ~sppr404.spl~ ~override~ // Neutralize Poison
   ~sppr409.spl~ ~override~ // Death Ward