Version 23(BETA) of Sword Coast Stratagems released

DavidW

I couldn't install it when tweaking .ini file, same as Salk.

Have you encountered my same kind of installation problems using the AI_Does_Not_Detect_Items 1 customization in the stratagems.ini file, kreso?

I'm afraid I forgot what exactly I changed (it's been over 3 months since last I tried)...however, I know that install would fail, regardless of mods (or lack of them). Then I installed V21 again and decided that it would be best if we waited for DavidW since most people had very similar install issues.

decided that it would be best if we waited for DavidW since most people had very similar install issues.

Do you mean "most people using SR"? As far as I've been able to tell it basically installs fine except for (a) SR users, (b) people using mods that create creatures of level >40; © people who do Salk's ini tweak. But I may have missed another thread somewhere.

I couldn't install it when tweaking .ini file, same as Salk.

Have you encountered my same kind of installation problems using the AI_Does_Not_Detect_Items 1 customization in the stratagems.ini file, kreso?

I'm afraid I forgot what exactly I changed (it's been over 3 months since last I tried)...however, I know that install would fail, regardless of mods (or lack of them). Then I installed V21 again and decided that it would be best if we waited for DavidW since most people had very similar install issues.

Well, I was asking because the install theoretically has not really failed, in my case.

WeiDU sputters two errors, repeated many times during Smarter General AI patching but in the end it still reports the component to be successfully installed. Granted, I don't really think it went smooth there but still... :)

From memory (and looking at .ini file now, and knowing my tastes in BG2), I've set:

AI_Detects_Items_Slowly - 0

That's probably the only tweak I made. I'll try to reproduce it, will report back.

Eventually I might have tweaked No_Deployment_Change to 1 but I don't think so. Others I definitely didn't touch.

Anyway, will try reproducing.

P.S.

@DavidW - yes, I've also noticed by looking now at Weidu logs where SCS didn't install that people were using SR. Other than Salk, Jarno and nghost I think there are no other reports I know of. I'm sure I tried installing without SR as well, and still it failed - the only way I could install "smarter mages" was to leave Fixpack out - that would however make "Mind Flayers" component unable to install.

If you can reproduce an install fail on a clean install with fixpack and no ini changes I'd be very interested - it works fine on my version (but between about six versions of BG2, four of BG1, and three ways of combining them, there's always the possibility of a permutation I've missed!)

Thanks for your help, DavidW!

When I tested the stratagems.ini customizations I only installed:

Initialise Mod

Initialise AI

Smarter General AI

exactly like in the minimal set of components of yours. If there is anything I can do to help, please tell me.

Okay, I can reproduce this and know what the problem is. Fixed for next version.

If you want a workaround, create a blank file called "autolib.slb" in the stratagems_external/workspace directory. That file is created by the item-detection code, but my script compilation program chokes if it's not there.

Archived