Making sharing the number of spell casting as Sorcerer's

leania

Hello, I'm now modding Druid Revisions and considering revising their shapeshifting abilities.

That is, the shapeshifting shares the charge to shapechange like Sorcerer's spell casting abilities at same level did.

I found that the innate ability of Totemic Druid, Summon Spirit Animal, works like that; 1 innate ability allows choosing 1 spirit animal summoning from 4 types of animal though this has demerit which cannot cancel the summoning (even if you canceled the summoning after clicking Summon Spirit Animal ability, the charge is consumed).

Anyway, I don't like this mechanics so much but there is few doable thing for the sharing charge of some group of spells/abilities. The question is that I wonder what the type field in SPCL621 table (SPCL621 spell, Summon Spirit Animal, calls the table using opcode 214) means.

I want to modifiy/adopt this mechanics from summoning to shapeshifting.

Any advises/comments would appreciate!

I found that the innate ability of Totemic Druid, Summon Spirit Animal, works like that; 1 innate ability allows choosing 1 spirit animal summoning from 4 types of animal though this has demerit which cannot cancel the summoning (even if you canceled the summoning after clicking Summon Spirit Animal ability, the charge is consumed).

Anyway, I don't like this mechanics so much but there is few doable thing for the sharing charge of some group of spells/abilities.

Another option would be to summon an invisible creature and start a dialogue, but this could be cumbersome.

The question is that I wonder what the type field in SPCL621 table (SPCL621 spell, Summon Spirit Animal, calls the table using opcode 214) means.

According to the IESDP, nobody knows.

I want to modifiy/adopt this mechanics from summoning to shapeshifting.

That shouldn't be a problem. It's already used for spells like enchanted weapon.

The question is that I wonder what the type field in SPCL621 table (SPCL621 spell, Summon Spirit Animal, calls the table using opcode 214) means.
If type=0, then you select from the specified 2DA file. If type=1, then you'll get to select from your known spells, rather than from 2DA. See Nahal's Reckless Dweomer (spwi124), that's the only place that I know where it's used.

PS I had to chance to find out whether known spells include only mage spells, or priest ones and innates too. Priest spells, most likely, are allowed, while innates are probably not.

That would be the effect's type (parameter2), not what is in the table. Though maybe both work, so you could choose from normal spells and surgy ones, but this needs testing.

Thank you for all of the comments.

I have another question. I've changed the way for sharing counts of several spells from using Select Spell opcode to using Remove Spell opcode. That is, I create 2 spells (I'll call the spells as A and B) and, A removes spell B when this casts and B removes spell A when spell B casts. In this way, spell A let spell B consume its counts and vise versa.

Unfortunately, however, it didn't work at all...... Even if the character casts spell A, the count of spell B wasn't decreased (actually, I really confused because spell A and spell B worked differently even if both of spells have same setting, perfectly)...

I guess the Remove Spell opcode can not affect to the abilities that is registered in clabxx00.2da table... Is it right?

#172 (0x0AC) Spell: Remove Spell [172]

Parameter #1: Irrelevant

Parameter #2: Irrelevant

Description:

Removes the spell specified by the resource key from the targeted creature(s) spellbook (but does not affect spells already memorised).

Both parameters should be 0 (zero).

That Remove Spell opcode?

Ouch... It is strange... I can not see the bold description what you wrote in my DLTCEP (I uses V7.5c now)...

Anyway thank you for the information. I may need to use Select Spell opcode instead of that though I don't like it because it is a little uncomfortable to me due to some reason.

I actually plan to make that all of shapeshifting abilities share their count for shapechanging, i.e., there are 2~3 shapeshifting forms and you can use one of these once per day every x levels.

Could you give me some advise if there is better way to implement it instead of using Select Spell opcode?

#172 (0x0AC) Spell: Remove Spell [172]

Parameter #1: Irrelevant

Parameter #2: Irrelevant

Description:

Removes the spell specified by the resource key from the targeted creature(s) spellbook (but does not affect spells already memorised).

Both parameters should be 0 (zero).

According to my testing years ago, the bold part is incorrect and the opcode removes he spell both from known and memorized lists. In particular, you do not want to rely on it if you can cast B several times, because the opcode will leave you with none at all.

Could you give me some advise if there is better way to implement it instead of using Select Spell opcode?

I'd stick with spell selection, as I'm sure Demi would too.

Slightly offtopic, but since someone asked what is the number in the second column in the 2da, some questions popped in my mind:

1. Anyone ever tried to use the select spell 2da with an item?

2. Was this successful?

4. If not, then try altering the number in question.

Archived