Small portraits for non-joinable NPCs in BG2

Revisiting BG2 after years away... I remember someone on the forums made a mod that added a small portrait for nearly every non-joinable NPC in the game that showed next to their dialogue. It was inspired by the BG1 component. It was one of the favorite mods - really added character to conversations with even minor NPCs. Does anyone know where I can find this? I don't think it was ever "officially" released. I seem to recall it was just some guy who coded a working beta in a thread with a download link.

Rabain is still out there, I think I even saw him on BGEE forums

There's also a German mod, "NSC-portraits-mod", or "BGT-NPC-Portraits" I believe, that adds portraits to pretty much everyone, chars from mods included

Gerri's the guy who did it, and it's been translated to english (well, the install prompts are in english :p )

(can't seem to find a link right now, sorry, but it should be somewhere on rosenranken.org)

Ive enjoyed using this heavily modified version of NSC portraits for BGT for years now.

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

I have compiled it from many high quality sources and havent put it online because I cant credit every source of artwork.

plasmocat and enkida are in there for a start I think

Even though artwork cant be fully credited - which isnt desirable etiquette - Im sharing it for others to enjoy.

That was exactly what I was looking for - thanks!

Here's my mod listing for this run through. It will be the 5th time through SoA and the 2nd time through ToB for me.

ascension

g3fixpack

weimer's item upgrade

weimer's underrep items

tactics

quest pack

tower of deception

fishing for trouble

fading promises

i shall never forget

innershade

tales of the deep gardens

white queen

yvette

expanded thief stronghold

ghareth

hessa

tiax

alassa

coran

compton's bruce

com encounters

dungeon crawl

g3 anniversary

unfinished business

assassinations

alternatives

improved horns of valhalla

a mod for the orderly

unique containers

pnp celestials

romantic encounters

banterpack

iep banters

imoen friendship

mazzy friendship

sarevok friendship

viconia friendship

yoshimo friendship

wheels of prophecy

rogue rebalancing

level 1 nps

thebigg quest pack

SCS II

g3tweaks

atweaks

item randomiser

widscreen mod

nscportraits

generalized biffing

I'm tempted to play through BG:EE beforehand... do you guys think it's worth it? I've read mostly bad reviews.

You'll be better off installing BG1 NPC Project for banter with EasyTutu or BGT - BG:EE has mostly silent NPCs(like the original BG did).

And I'd say installing too many one-day NPCs doesn't look good - Kelsey would have much more fun content than Ghareth/Bryce; Keto is better than Hessa, and so on. (Although, naturally, I'm saying that Coran is a good choice. :) )

I haven't used about half of the Bioware NPCs yet, so I'm saving Kelsey, Keto, Xan, etc.. for next time. I added the one-day NPCs just for kicks - they'll be haikus instead of full stories.

This playthrough will be mainly for the tactical challenge of SCS II, ascension, tactics, etc.. This will be my first time playing through the whole game for the tactics (as opposed to just the story), but I'm looking forward to it. Especially as I'm finally understanding the magic system.

Ive enjoyed using this heavily modified version of NSC portraits for BGT for years now.

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

I have compiled it from many high quality sources and havent put it online because I cant credit every source of artwork.

plasmocat and enkida are in there for a start I think

Even though artwork cant be fully credited - which isnt desirable etiquette - Im sharing it for others to enjoy.

kungfuhobbit: You are using Gerri's install-tp2 (with his name and everything), so that is where bug reports will go to - if this is your choice of portraits, please alter the tp2 accordingly.

Archived