Sorcerer and Monk kits

Kalindor

And this, dear friends, is exactly the part we were going to hate about BGEE - that it would add more work for Revisions :)

No plans at this point anyway, not in the least because Demi isn't even aware of new kits yet.

And this, dear friends, is exactly the part we were going to hate about BGEE - that it would add more work for Revisions :)
Indeed, though I fear "new magical items" a lot more, especially for BG2EE. :(

No plans at this point anyway, not in the least because Demi isn't even aware of new kits yet.
No I wasn't, and my life was better. :D

Jokes aside, let's see what they did...

Dwarven Defender

WTF?!? Lamest kit ever. At first sight this kit seems really unbalanced, as it gets everything a True Fighter does, plus Barbarian's d12, 20% physical resistance and a 3E-like ability. Being limited to mastery in axes and hammers isn't even a big deal (you still have plenty of weapons, both slashing and blunt, with ranged specimen too!).

Shadow Dancer

Wait..."Hide in Plain Sight: A shadowdancer may hide in shadows, even when being observed." Have I missed the party? Is this codeable within BGEE? If yes, it's utterly cool.

On paper I do like the concept of this kit, it has good potential, but I'm not sure of how they implemented it. Pratically you suffer -2 penalty to backstab multiplier, and -10 skill points per lvl to get free Potions of Invisibility (within BG it makes a difference, within BG2 not much imo) and a teleport-like ability (much more interesting if they cared to implement it a la SR's Dimension Door). I cannot easily judge this kit, but I fear Hide in Plain Sight might be too good early on (e.g. BG1) and "really cool but not game changing" later on (within BG2 you have plenty of options to achieve almost the same or better, and too many opponents are not vulnerable to sneack attacks). As a whole the kit looks underpowered to me.

Dragon Disciple

Meh, I was not a fan of this PrC in PnP and even less here. Within BG it cannot even be implemented as it should (no wings, no fly), so my only question is: why? We really didn't need this kit.

Dark Moon Monk

Did they work on the original Monk issues (hardcoded madness, AC not working with Bracers of Armor, etc.) before thinking to implement a slightly different evil version of it?

Overall, I'm sorry but I think they did a really poor job with these kits.

Archived