Did anyone else get a "insert your CD" issue during v20 install?

Kulyok

For some reason, during the installation of the "required modifications" component I got a pop-up window demanding a CD in the drive. It wouldn't go away and the mod wouldn't continue installing. (When I fed it a ToB disc, my installation competed successfully).

EasyTutu, latest version, BG1 NPC v20 from G3, naturally. I don't remember it happening before, so I decided to post it here. Was it a random fluke, a bug, something else, maybe something wrong with my version of the game/OS? Did anyone else get it, too? I searched the forum, the mod's readme and the .tp2, but the issue wasn't mentioned there.

For some reason, during the installation of the "required modifications" component I got a pop-up window demanding a CD in the drive. It wouldn't go away and the mod wouldn't continue installing. (When I fed it a ToB disc, my installation competed successfully).

EasyTutu, latest version, BG1 NPC v20 from G3, naturally. I don't remember it happening before, so I decided to post it here. Was it a random fluke, a bug, something else, maybe something wrong with my version of the game/OS? Did anyone else get it, too? I searched the forum, the mod's readme and the .tp2, but the issue wasn't mentioned there.

Had this a few times on the vanilla BG2 games while installing mods years ago, and I determined that the reason is the secondary location of the play CD, while the CD drive is occupied by different content... Say your [Alias] section in baldur.ini looks similar to this:

[Alias]
HD0:=D:\Pelit\BGII - SoA\
CD1:=D:\Pelit\BGII - SoA\CD1\
CD2:=D:\Pelit\BGII - SoA\CD2\
CD3:=D:\Pelit\BGII - SoA\CD3\
CD4:=D:\Pelit\BGII - SoA\CD4\
CD5:=D:\Pelit\BGII - SoA\CD5\;F:\BGII - SoA\CD5\ 

Now, if you put a non_BG2_CD_play_CD into the F drive, it won't be able to read the proper info as the data is not there and the idiot begins to demand the CD to be inserted... you can either insert the CD or just remove the CD from the drive(so it ends up being empty), or unmount the CD image in the imaginary CD drive like it's on my case and the issue won't come back up again.

On the mods coding, the only possible trigger that might have caused this to show up is if it had added a REG_EXP * line if it hadn't have any before nor had you installed a mod that had that previously, so really the more likely candidate is that you just had a CD in the drive...

Archived