EXE fails to patch on install

I'm sure this is some bizarre thing I cannot quite fanthom, but my merge says in the end

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Infinity Animation hacks to the EXE

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS EXE modifications

Which pretty much means the merged folder doesnt receive bg2 exe at all - and porting over the one from bg 2 installation via copy paster results in a disasterous crash.

What am I doing wrong here? Tried running the batch as an administrator, but then it just shut down instantly - a quick glimpse said something "missing file" before the screen closes.

Could it be my Comodo? I'll do a quick test and try with the Defense+ turned off.

Me puzzled!

Ps; and yes I am running windows 7 with uac turned off. Gonna try running it with uac on if it helped. I do have admin priviledges on.

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Infinity Animation hacks to the EXE

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS EXE modifications

That's far too low quantity of info... open the setup-iwd_in_bg2.debug file with Notepad and copy paste the text to a message.

I dont seem to be able to find such in my system. o.o

Also, at the start when I give it the bg2 folder it says it cant find sevenish files or so for some reason. I did skip updating bg 2 and just installed tob ontop of bg 2 installation, then patched tob. Should I have done the update inbetween also?

Alright, now I succeeded to install it and it didnt prompt a "press ENTER" screen in the cmd, the cmd just shut down. It seems everything might be in order, the game starts allright and doesnt crash. This might have been a Comodo thing, or maybe it had to do with UAC because at one point UAC asked me to allow something in "get_iwd_resources" or summit. Hmmm.

And now it says "INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS" on the bg style weapon proficiencies with weapon styles. And this time, it actually created a degub file which I can attach! Hooray for WEIDU!

... however, its too big to attach. And cant attach 7zip files. I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best, I guess. =P

... however! I did manage to isolate just the bit about the weapon proficiencies, attaching that atleast if it helps anyone. No, wait - still 45k too much... I'll just randomly snip it down a size a bit.

By this point, I sort of assume the "warnings" are normal.

debug.txt

Some warnings are normal, though it's been a while since I installed my copy. One last thing - did you install your games (and IWD in BG2) outside any \Program Files or \Programs directories? Windows after XP "protects" anything in these directories to a ridiculous extent...

I did, on the D: drive in games folder. I originally thod my problem had to do with spaces in the filenames, so I even trimmed them to three letter words - turns out this converter cant install the game if you dont have "Icewind Dale" and "BGII - SoA" directories, or thats atleast how It felt.

But all is good in the land of the Wizu now! I even deviated into some extra padding from BG2 Tweaks to make my life more enjoyable, and they seem to be working mighty fine! I wonder what the authors qualm is with other patches and tweaks; however I did selectively choose only things that I knew would have minimal chance of breaking stuff. Like maxed hp, unlimited stackings et la.

Archived