planescape on gemrb android, screen res questions

zamik

Hello all, i am new to the forums and gemrb. my issue is that while i can get torment to run,whenever i get into dialogue, the screen offsets and flickers at the bottom so i cant see the text.also the menu is in the center of the screen but the game is full, it seems like its running in two resolutions at once. I'm running on a HP touchpad running cm10, the latest gemrb from the play store. I have tried searching for a fix but no one seems to mention this issue. Let me know whatever other info is needed.

I think the the real question i need to ask is what resolution do i need to set the widescreen mod to, and what to set the cfg res to for my hp touchpad. Also, i have my dpi at 120 if that has any effect.

right my build is the most recent, at least on playstore, i tried to use the one from the downloads but it wouldnt even run, i get the game running but cant get the res right. displaying in the native res for my screen causes it to crash, which it says in the guide here, but it doesnt explain what i should try instead, i tried 800 by 600, but that had the same results. i just cant figure out what res will work for my screen.

ok that helps, but what res should i set the ws mod at if i cant use the native 1024 by 768? when i get done with class tonight im going to try it again with 800 by 600 on both. if that still comes up off, what other res should i try? or should i simply give up on ws and use the standard res. also thank you for all the help, i have been at this for the better part of 2 weeks and was starting to get frustrated.

WSM modifies 640x480 in pst to get its job done iirc, since it is the only resolution the original supported. I'm pretty sure you have to uninstall the mod if you want to try 640x480.

I see, can someone please point me to a guide on installing the most recent android build, when I tried it the last few times I couldn't even get to launch. The guides I saw mentioned folders, but the download was only for the apk.

Archived