IceWind Dale 2

Ishad Nha

This is the latest save game, it is from AR2000 Shaengarne Ford.

If you want to check out Chapter 2, you can fast track your party there, just use Ctrl + Y every time something hostile shows up.

(Edit: latest save game will now be found at the first post in this topic.)

I stopped testing at the ship crash, but up to that point, there were no blockers. One special door in the fortress underbelly can't be opened, but you can get on the other side normally around it.

A few problems:

Temple Pavilion, AR1103

Doppleganger not showing up. Even when I use CreateCreature and he shows up, he can't be seen. Sure can attack though. See Invisibility does not work.

Garradun can't be found either.

Shaengarne Ford, AR2000

Dereth’s house remains an information trigger only.

The first is probably our lack of good understanding of the iwd2 hiding details, but I'd have to check the original script. If it is really a problem, because I remember playing that miniplot. I did also play plain iwd2, so my memory shouldn't be trusted though.

The second one is not a bug, that's just the way the area was designed.

Doppleganger, won't appear until Garradun is exposed as one of them. Problem is that Garradun is nowhere to be found. I can try to create him, 11Garrad.cre.

I seem to recall her selling Mage scrolls, the Dave Millward IWD2 Walkthrough says the same thing.

"9) Go back to Dereth’s house and talk to him. More XP, and he’ll also give you a Scimitar +1 as a reward.

Sabrina will now also sell 1st to 3rd level arcane spell scrolls."

I don't see these two anywhere, maybe I will need to create them?

Garrad Cre file has a script 11GARRAD.BCS, but there is no such script. So I created that script as a copy of 11GARRA0.BCS, so far so good. He can be created but he does not turn into a Doppleganger, he remains sedentary Garradun. Failure of people to appear was an irritant in the Gem version of BG2. There may be a systematic problem there.

Letters quest can be completed though.

Yes, both Dereth and Sabrina were saved.

Clean out the Cache, reload the Quick Save and return to AR2000. Both of them are standing outside the hut. (They will be standing there, out in the snow, 24 hours every day, this is IWD2 after all.)

(Have achieved level 9 and still can't find any 4th or 5th level scrolls for my Wizard?!)

Ok, noted Garrad down.

I had no problems with that pair, so that's a bit odd. Third opinion needed. Btw, that bg2 bug has also been fixed (with the previous release iirc). And yeah, scrolls not always easy to get, so I usually get a sorcerer instead.

My Cache is never cleaned out, for whatever reason.

While the Wizard is unable to gain higher level spells I will dual class him to a Paladin.

New party line-up

Aasimar LG Paladin (Helm)

Gold Dwarf NG Cleric (Tempus)

Human NG Rogue/Barbarian/Ranger

Half - Elf NG Druid

Wild Elf LG Sorceror

Moon Elf LG Wizard

Human NG Rogue/Barbarian/Ranger: takes levels in the ratio 2 Rogue, 1 Barbarian and 1 Ranger.

Using Parties created in Gem, has two problems:

Spellbooks are still dysfunctional, you can't memorize initial spells.

You can't set the Action buttons.

One approach, create PCs in IWD2. Game starts normally, party memorizes spells and rests. Customize Action Buttons, F6 through F8. Then export them to Chr files, I choose catchy names like "grchar1, grchar2, grchar3, grchar4, grchar5 and grchar6".

Then I go into Party.ini and change

Char1 = llchar1

Char2 = llchar2

Char3 = llchar3

Char4 = llchar4

Char5 = llchar5

Char6 = llchar6

to:

Char1 = grchar1

Char2 = grchar2

Char3 = grchar3

Char4 = grchar4

Char5 = grchar5

Char6 = grchar6

Then I select the Lady's Lament party, my own party then loads instead of them

I need to have the game start in IWD2 because I need an IWD2 party as a benchmark to show what alterations I need to make to each PC whenever he/she is able to level up.

Archived