IceWind Dale 2

Ishad Nha

Chapter 2, in AR4000:

Command Prompt is being spammed with this:

[CharAnimations/ERROR]: Couldn't load animation: ngrllg1, cycle 40

[CharAnimations/ERROR]: Couldn't load animation: ngrllg1, cycle 40

[CharAnimations/ERROR]: Couldn't load animation: nboylg1, cycle 40

[CharAnimations/ERROR]: Couldn't load animation: nboylg1, cycle 40

You find Followers of Beodaewn coming to the party, assuming their true Werewolf form and attacking. He has not yet been exposed as a Werewolf either. Is this right?

Latest edition of the Quick Save has been uploaded to the first post in this topic.

I don't know if my party is set to Heart of Fury mode or not. Party is just starting Chapter 2 and everyone is level 14.

Oswald dialog discusses items that we have not ordered.

Disarming the trap to the east of the broken bridge causes a crash. Basically there seem to be random occasional crashes in this area.

They may be connected to this problem:

[CharAnimations/ERROR]: Couldn't load animation: NGRLLG1, cycle 40

[CharAnimations/ERROR]: Couldn't load animation: NBOYLG1, cycle 40

this error is generated all the time, even when the game is paused, you can see the GemRB.log growing in size. All this printout achieves is spamming of the log file, around 1MB every 2 minutes and 10 seconds.

An alteration is needed that will shut off the console when the game is paused.

It is exactly like the problem I had in March with ToB in AR6003...

What do you mean by the Oswald thing?

Do you have a backtrace of the crash?

That particular animation type just needs to be fixed. There's no sense in adding silly workarounds. You can try killing all the children if you can see any.

Oswald dialog discusses items that we have not ordered:

Party only ordered two items, both made from Winter Wolf Pelts. Dialog has party asking him if he has finished Yeti pelt items, which were never ordered by the party.

This is the log, after I cleaned out all the spam:

[ResourceManager]: Found 'cemw3g1.bam' in 'chitin.key'.

[unknown]: Performattack for Harbesh the Carver, target is: Wolf

[Attack/COMBAT]: (Main) Left: 1 | Next: 1200595 [Hit]

[ResourceManager]: Found 'chmt2a5.bam' in 'chitin.key'.

[unknown]: Performattack for The Watcher, target is: Wolf

[Attack/COMBAT]: (Main) Left: 1 | Next: 1200596 [Critical Miss]

[GameScript]: Displaying string on: charbase

[GameScript/WARNING]: Aborted action due to death

spam =

[CharAnimations/ERROR]: Couldn't load animation: NGRLLG1, cycle 40

[CharAnimations/ERROR]: Couldn't load animation: NBOYLG1, cycle 40

Edit:

The boy and girl in AR4000 are both dead, they are found in the area of the Tundra Yetis. Maybe I could try to resurrect them?

The boy and girl are already dead, the wrong animation may be called, I don't know.

Altering the relevant Cre files to remove their Dead status sure worked in stopping the console spam!

Now exploration of AR4000 is moving along smoothly. Battle with the first group of Aurilites featured 3 Odea Whitelaws!

Crash, crash, crash! In the upper right corner, near Illium, the game just keeps crashing for no apparent reason. GemRB log seems to show nothing of importance.

I uploaded the latest edition of the Quick Save so people can hopefully see what is wrong.

I can try Ctrl+Y on any monsters as soon as they come in sight, see if this stops the crashes.

Edit:

There are three Illiums on the one space!

I suspect that only one should exist at any one time. Crashes seem to be connected to party approaching his location.

I used Ctrl+Y to kill all the Aurilites one at a time, there were no crashes.

Problem is that there are three separate versions of Illium, they differ in difficulty level, Challenge Rating:

-Difficulty: ( Level 1(0) )

Character: 40ILIUM.CRE (Illium Ar'Ghrenoir)

-Difficulty: ( Level 2(1) )

Character: 40ILUM2.CRE (Illium Ar'Ghrenoir)

-Difficulty: ( Level 3(2) )

Character: 40ILUM3.CRE (Illium Ar'Ghrenoir)

This is presumably a device from IWD2 to make monsters match the difficulty level of the game, as set in the Options page. Gem will need to sort monsters according to their location and eliminate duplicate monsters.

As a patch, see if this code works:

IF

OR(2)

Exists("40ILIUM")

Exists("40ILIUM2")

THEN

RESPONSE #100

Kill("40ILIUM")

Kill("40ILIUM2")

END

Edit:

This game is linear! If this was BG2 you could go explore elsewhere while problems at AR4000 were fixed...

This reminds me of all the bad crashes we used to experience with BG2!

GemRB Log has nothing of any relevance. The following error seems to be common and not uniquely connected to the crash:

[GameControl/ERROR]: Invalid Window Index ActionsWindow:12345

I can't pinpoint the cause of the crash.

I uploaded the latest edition of the Quick Save so people can hopefully see what is wrong, it can be found on the first post of this topic, on page 1.

I don't have any idea of what a backtrace is or how to create it. I only have the GemRB log.

I am not finally sure where the crash is occurring.

Go to the NE corner where all the Aurilites are. There is an archway with Andora written over it, crash may occur near there. Start fighting Aurilites, sooner or later the game crashes.

I was able to complete AR4000 in a manner of speaking:

Make one PC Invisible

Have him go to where the Aurilites are

I then used Ctrl+Y to kill all the Aurilites.

They could not see the PC hence they did not commence combat, hence the crash comes from them starting combat? I was able to loot all the bodies and containers, then go onto the next area.

AR4100, another crash when combat starts...

Archived