IceWind Dale 2

Ishad Nha

During the initial cut-scene, the number 3 PC wound up in the cell that the Master of Locks had just vacated. Thank goodness for Ctrl+J.

Remorhaz Queen is no big deal, just use those dopey Frosttouches as a bodyguard to protect us from her, then hit her with ranged spells until she succumbs. Then settle with any surviving Frosttouches.

Sometimes the Aurilite Holy Symbol vanishes when it opens a door.

May have accidentally killed Zach Boosenbury with ranged effect spells, something wen t wrong there...

the holy symbol vanishes when you open 10 doors (I guess all of them in the area).

the jumping pcs is the usual way iwd2 uncovers fogged areas during cutscenes. The problem is that the pc should've been made invisible and also teleported back. This is right when you enter ar4100, right?

I am repeating areas 4000 and 4100 because the save became buggy.

Spider Spawn summons a spider for 5 rounds + 1 round/level. When the party rested for 8 hours the spider was still there at the end of the rest!

It appears in Oswald's ship for no apparent reason. I uploaded a new save to the first post in this topic.

Previous lineup was:

The Watcher, Aasimar LG Paladin (Helm)

Alia Shield-Maiden, Gold Dwarf TN Cleric (Tempus)

Harbesh Carver, Human NG Rogue/Barbarian/Ranger

Tianya, Half - Elf NG Druid

Amraith, Wild Elf LG Sorceror

Mirai, Moon Elf LG Wizard

Human NG Rogue/Barbarian/Ranger: takes levels in the ratio 2 Rogue, 1 Barbarian and 1 Ranger.

Druid damage spells have way too much fine print attached.

There are no scrolls for Wizards where the spells are greater than fourth level. Hence the Wizard has a whole lot of unused spell slots for levels 5 thru 8. Meanwhile the Sorceror is hitting enemies hard...

This lead to a new line-up:

Harbesh Carver, Human NG Rogue/Ranger

Tianya, Ghostwise Halfling NG Cleric (Selune)

Mirai, Half Elf LG Sorceror.

Human NG Rogue/Ranger: takes levels in the ratio 1 Rogue and 1 Ranger.

Another possibility is:

Harbesh Carver, Human NG Rogue/Ranger

Tianya, Ghostwise Halfling NG Cleric (Lathander)

Mirai, Moon Elf NG 10 Wizard/20 Druid, or 12Wizard/18Druid

Here the Druid loads up with offensive spells only. Healing is handled by the two Clerics.

The Stores seem not to have too many scrolls above level 4, I don't know about containers.

Lynx, did you play the original IWD2 through to the end? I get hints that there may be a general lack of high level Wizard scrolls, but I am not sure if I am correct.

Sure, but only twice. At that point, you were double the level you're supposed to be due to the previous monster duplication (same thing as Odea&Illium). Compared to bg2, there's not that many high level spells either, but some are available at later stores (Kuldahar tower, Malavon).

Current area is AR4101.

Trying to examine Alia's spell list crashed the game with monotonous regularity. I had just altered the spells in DaleKeeper 2 and Near Infinity, but the party had not since rested in the game. After resting the crashes went away.

Frequent crashes when PCs are in inventory screen mode, passing items to each other for example. Error message seems to be:

[ResourceManager/WARNING]: 'ANIMS.2da' not found...

Archived