[Pre-RC_Luridel] Miss Behave's Playthrough

MissBehave

Still haven't been able to take the time to organize my notes, so just another quick one. I encountered a stutter (ie Aran won't move to where you click). I'm assuming its caused by an interaction with RE. I just had the Sarevok encounter. Right afterwards Imoen tells me about her Bhaal powers and then you get the stutter. I'm blaming RE and not the Imoen banter because it doesn't happen if you don't sleep with Sarevok.

- The slaver ship interjection does not recognize that we kill the Copper Coronet slaver first.

Repaired

- Mazzy's 'lift me up' banter occurred underground in the shadow lord Dungeon. Not a huge deal but doesn't make much sense.

Added AreaType(OUTDOOR) - hopefully the thing is flagged correctly! This may need to be revisited with a specific area list.

-I was surprised Aran didnt have anything to say when we stood in front of the shadow dragon, given his aversion to dragons. Something along the lines of 'now char name don't get any stupid ideas. Just keep walking.'

Added reaction; confirmed reaction talk after killing shadow dragon is correctly formed; confirmed both have rollbacks after leaving the area if they happen not to fire.

-Sparring talk. Aran's rapier to left shoulder line brings up a duplicate response ; option 'guard closely etc' (a spark strikes) is missing capitalization

Repaired both

Hey, on the RE thing - that is classic me. Try setting SetGlobal("c-arnRESarev","LOCALS",9), because I look for "c-arnRESarev" and try to stop it with "c-arnRESarevok". Sorry :( The good news - since I was already there, I actually created a reaction, of a sort:

/* ToB Scenery Dialog : Romantic Encounters Reactions */
/* Sarevok and PC "disappear" for awhile */
IF ~Global("c-arnRESarev","LOCALS",1)~ THEN BEGIN c_sarevok_re_reaction
  SAY ~[ARAN] Just to let you know, you might want to spruce up a mite bit. It be lookin' like you just took a run down a hillside an' tripped a few times, eh?~
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

I'm still working on most of your feedback, and not quite ready to post or update GitHub, as you and piperb's feedback overlaps with some of the previously reported feedback, and I need to rewrite (ripping out that Soul Talk and putting it later, and adding some non-physical growth to the relationship is fun, but more tie-consuming than finding and fixing bugs.) The good news is that I expect to have a few hours on Friday afternoon where I can sit down and rip things apart and sew them back together without resorting to placeholders. I want to make this rollout pretty soon, and spend summer making him fully BG:EE2 compatible and having some fun extending him.

Maybe I'm being slow here, but that reaction makes no sense to me. The Sarevok RE scene takes place at night in one of the healing pools in the Pocket Plane. So really, given the amount of time she spent under water, she should be extra clean the next morning...

I'm in no big hurry for BGEE2 because after buying BGEE and realizing how many mods were not compatible (ie NPC banter pack) I prefer my modded vanilla BG. I suspect BGEE2 will have much the same problem. Though I suppose having Aran EE compatible is a good start. BUT I'm all for the extending part. I'm most of the way through ToB on one run and part way through SoA (already reached sparring talk again) on another run and I love Aran, I just wish his talks were a little less disjointed. I think the current version leaves a lot to the player's imagination to fill in the gaps between talks to explain how they suddenly became so close, in love, etc. I adored his post Bhodi resurrection talk, but for me personally I need it spelled out a bit more on how we got there. As it stands I think the mod is a great friendship mod and bedroll warmer though, but in typical fangirl fashion I want moooore. :D He reminds me of a coarser, manlier version of Aeryn's Haer'Dalis in terms of his playboy ways and fear of commitment, and I really loved how Aeryn brought about that change when HD finally tells the PC he loves her. I guess I was waiting for something like that from Aran. Though to be fair I haven't quite finished ToB yet. I guess what I'm saying is, I hope you find time to fill in the gaps. On a related note, after installing Berelinde's Keldorn, I noticed her recommended timer is 30 minutes. I feel like less of a freak now. Aran just needs more content. (pretty please)

Anyways, thanks for all your hard work investigating our play through reports. :) Given you're doing your part, I really should get my notes put together here. Here are another couple that I remember off the top of my head:

- I've probably done the sparring encounter 4 or 5 times now and basically if you let him touch you, it leads to sex. I've tried various different options, and I think the only way to avoid sleeping with him is to walk away at the very latest when you have him on his knees. Now, once you have him there why would you WANT to avoid sleeping with him, but there you have it. ;) Of course, taking the 'morning after' talk into consideration, it does give you plenty of opportunity to back pedal afterwards.

- His Watcher's Keep talk triggers immediately when you enter the area, before you've even talked to any one or entered the Keep itself.

- The second time I talked to Salvanas in the Copper Coronet I got a 'No valid Replies' message. This may have nothing to do with Aran, but at the time he was the only one in my party that acknowledges talking to Salvanas, so I thought it might be relevant.

- Rumors banter. If you reply 'Never heard of her' the next set of replies has a duplicate in 2 and 6 'None of your business...'

- Drinking. I managed to trigger drinking conversations with Aran twice, the same one. The other times we got drunk I got nothing but his regular PID when I force talk him. I'm not sure if this is something you're supposed to be able to do repeatedly.

- When I PID asked him if he'd 'been here before' in Suldanesselar (sp?) he responded with something about it being dry and dusty.

- In the Underdark Weather talk, responses 1+6 are both 'I don't care..' and 2+7 are both 'It doesn't matter much'

- In the 'I bet you have some good stories..' sister banter there didn't seem to be any positive responses available.

Just to put my 2c in--I actually really like the dialog progression how it is. Any more dialog and it'd feel like to much to me, so... something to keep in mind. You've got to strike a balance between players who like lots and lots of content intricately spelling out every single detail, and players who don't like that. :)

Cool on both counts - and I understand the disjoint (I feel like what I needed to do was write 5 mods instead of 1!). And nope on the RE_Sarev reaction - I changed it, as I realized it was not clear enough - the interaction ends with the "troubled sleep" line, and i wanted the implication to be that she had not slept well, not that she had gotten all mussed up, so the line up on GotHub is actually

~[ARAN] It be lookin' like you just took a run down a hillside an' tripped a few times, eh? You must o' had another nightmare.~

But before I tackle more, here are the repairs/adjustments made over the past two days:

- Also, his 'Can we hurry this along' talk triggered immediately when we zoned in to the Underdark. Maybe it should be delayed a bit?

Repaired using a "reset the friend talk timer upon entering Underdark", so that 15 minutes of play time happen before it fires. We may want to adjust that further.

/* Aran's Underdark FriendTalks Aim, c-aranfriendud, ARAN_FTT : Setup */
/* This block sets up the underdark talks */
IF
 Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",5) // In Underdark - specialized talks
 Global("c-aranfriendsetud","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
   SetGlobal("c-aranfriendsetud","GLOBAL",1)
   RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",600) // 15 minutes real-time minimum
END

- There you are.. though you might be off getting some sleep" PC response 8 it reads "[PC All we need is the illusion... "

Confirmed repaired

And this is just an opinion , but I would have liked if making out didn't have to lead to sex ... Well admittedly she did chose to roll him onto his back and start making out, but given she was still fully clothed I think that shouldn't have committed her to sex. So maybe one more 'out' after that would be good.

How Ideas Evolve. I originally tried to handle this by the "morning after" talk having the conversation "what exactly happened" a2261, so PC could choose just kissing, etc., but I think you are right - the thought railroads a player into a final commitment. While in fiction it is fun to have the heroine lose control, it doesn't translate well into playing.

So...

Repairs:

remap and rebuild blocks above female PC sparring exit that call for action to a rebuiilt a355;

IF ~~ a355
 SAY ~[ARAN] (His hands are insistent, pulling at the cloth barring your bare skin from touching his.)~
 ++ ~[PC] I... I can't do this. You need to go. Now.~ + a357
 ++ ~[PC] (Tear fiercely at your garments, his garments, giving in to your desires.)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranintimate","GLOBAL",4)~ + a356
 ++ ~[PC] (Yield to his hands, allowing them to render you vulnerable to his desires.)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranintimate","GLOBAL",4)~ + a356
 ++ ~[PC] (Guide his hands away from your clothing, kissing him with passion.)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranintimate","GLOBAL",1)~ + a4853
 ++ ~[PC] Aran... Just kisses and a little exploration... I don't want to go too far...~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranintimate","GLOBAL",2)~ + a4853
 ++ ~[PC] This is fun, but there are some lines I don't want crossed, at least completely. But the way your hands are touching, and where they... they...~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranintimate","GLOBAL",3)~ + a4853
 ++ ~[PC] My, aren't we demonstrative. I think I am about to do something I will regret later. Or perhaps I won't regret at all.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranintimate","GLOBAL",4)~ + a356
END
Add new state start
[code]/* The "PG - 13"  Romantic Encounter Ending 47a, Female Romancing Male, No Nudity Or Graphic Depiction Of Naughty Stuff. Reclassified from Classic Romance Tricks, "Fade To Black". Kissing and Touching Only. */
IF ~~ a4853
 SAY ~[ARAN] (You hold each other, fingers touching, lips seeking lips, with the wind whispering and the stars spinning overhead.)~
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranspar","GLOBAL",10) ClearAllActions() StartCutSceneMode() StartCutScene("c-restco")~ EXIT // goes to a4854
END 

Added a few pathways to account for this, adjust script blocks to account for multiple possible endings, and then set a spearate talk for the event that they did not sleep with eachother:

/* SoA Scenery Talk : Sparring: The Morning After Extra-Curricular Activity : Making Out or Kissing */
IF ~Global("c-aranspar","GLOBAL",11)~ THEN BEGIN a4854
 SAY ~[ARAN] Hey, there, sleepyhead... wake up, eh?~
 ++ ~[PC] Wh... What...~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranspar","GLOBAL",12)~ + c_awol_and_no_excuse
 + ~Gender(Player2,MALE) !Name("c-aran",Player2)~ + ~[PC] Not now, <PLAYER2>. Just a few more minutes...~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranspar","GLOBAL",12)~ + c_nice_way_to_mess_a_lad
 + ~Gender(Player3,MALE) !Name("c-aran",Player3)~ + ~[PC] Not now, <PLAYER3>. Just a few more minutes...~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranspar","GLOBAL",12)~ + c_nice_way_to_mess_a_lad
 + ~Gender(Player4,MALE) !Name("c-aran",Player4)~ + ~[PC] Not now, <PLAYER4>. Just a few more minutes...~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranspar","GLOBAL",12)~ + c_nice_way_to_mess_a_lad
 + ~Gender(Player5,MALE) !Name("c-aran",Player5)~ + ~[PC] Not now, <PLAYER5>. Just a few more minutes...~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranspar","GLOBAL",12)~ + c_nice_way_to_mess_a_lad
 + ~Gender(Player6,MALE) !Name("c-aran",Player6)~ + ~[PC] Not now, <PLAYER6>. Just a few more minutes...~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranspar","GLOBAL",12)~ + c_nice_way_to_mess_a_lad
 ++ ~[PC] Hey, stop that. You tired me out. Let me get some more sleep. Just a few more minutes...~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranspar","GLOBAL",12)~ + c_awol_and_no_excuse
 ++ ~[PC] I am awake. I just wanted to lie here, with your arms wrapped around me.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranspar","GLOBAL",12)~ + c_awol_and_no_excuse
 ++ ~[PC] Oh gods... get up. Fast. And straighten your tunic, will you? What are people going to think?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranspar","GLOBAL",12)~ + c_think_what_they_like
 ++ ~[PC] I have been awake for awhile. Did you know your face can be absolutely mesmerizing?~ + c_awol_and_no_excuse
END

IF ~~ c_nice_way_to_mess_a_lad
 SAY ~[ARAN] Now, that be a way to treat a lad mean. We spend all that time kissin' each other an' murmurin' sweet nothin's, an' you go an' dream o' someone else.~
 ++ ~[PC] What exactly... happened last night?~ + c_we_had_funbut_not_everything
 ++ ~[PC] Oh gods... get up. Fast. And straighten your tunic, will you? What are people going to think?~ + c_think_what_they_like
 ++ ~[PC] The last thing I remember, we were kissing each other.~ + c_we_had_funbut_not_everything
 ++ ~[PC] Well, this will be a little difficult to explain to the world at large. People will think I am promiscuous.~ + c_think_what_they_like
 ++ ~[PC] Aran, you know there *is* someone else. What will they think?~ + c_think_what_they_like
END

IF ~~ c_awol_and_no_excuse
 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, m'lady, it looks like we done fell asleep.~
 ++ ~[PC] What exactly... happened last night?~ + c_we_had_funbut_not_everything
 ++ ~[PC] Oh gods... get up. Fast. And straighten your tunic, will you? What are people going to think?~ + c_think_what_they_like
 ++ ~[PC] The last thing I remember, we were kissing each other.~ + c_we_had_funbut_not_everything
 ++ ~[PC] I was sure that you would take advantage of me the first moment you had the opportunity.~ + c_all_kisses_no_worries
 ++ ~[PC] All this adventuring is taking its toll. I don't usually fall asleep in the arms of a lover, at least not before I am completely spent.~ + c_explore_together
END

IF ~~ c_we_had_funbut_not_everything
 SAY ~[ARAN] I think my lips be sore on account o' all that kissin'. An' somewhere in th' night, we must o' drifted off, as when I woke up, your fingers was all interlaced wi' mine, an' your head were restin' on my chest.~
 ++ ~[PC] But we didn't... we stopped before...~ + c_all_kisses_no_worries
 ++ ~[PC] (Cover your face and blush deeply.)~ + c_all_kisses_no_worries
 ++ ~[PC] Did I... Did I please you? I know that you wanted much more.~ + c_pleasing_you_pleasing_me
 ++ ~[PC] You know, if you want me, you are going to have to be more agressive. Why did you listen to me, instead of demanding I yield to you?~ + c_what_you_wanted
END

IF ~~ c_all_kisses_no_worries
 SAY ~[ARAN] Now, there be no cause for alarm. It be th' god's truth that I wanted a bit more, but we kept things light, more be th' pity.~
 ++ ~[PC] Why?~ + c_what_you_wanted
 ++ ~[PC] I thought... well... I was not sure. I like this. But I am just not ready for more.~ + c_new_territory_confession
 ++ ~[PC] If I remember correctly, we did a lot more than kiss. I mean, not everything that we could have done, but...~ + c_explore_together
 ++ ~[PC] Did I... Did I please you? I know that you wanted much more.~ + c_pleasing_you_pleasing_me
 ++ ~[PC] Oh. Well, that was a wasted opportunity.~ + c_what_you_wanted
END

IF ~~ c_pleasing_you_pleasing_me
 SAY ~[ARAN] I were right happy, in case you had naught in th' way o' evidence. An' you seemed right happy, too.~
 ++ ~[PC] If I remember correctly, we did a lot more than kiss. I mean, we didn't... we stopped short of...~ + c_explore_together
 ++ ~[PC] I thought... well... I was not sure. I like this. But I am just not ready for more.~ + c_new_territory_confession
 ++ ~[PC] If I remember correctly, we did a lot more than kiss. I mean, we didn't... we stopped short of...~ + c_explore_together
 ++ ~[PC] This was the biggest mistake I have ever made. I may have seemed happy, but now I wish I didn't have to find some excuse for being alone with you.~ + c_awol_make_excuse
END  

IF ~~ c_explore_together
 SAY ~[ARAN] Aye, there were some truly informative moments, there were. I enjoy findin' out what pleases you, even though I want to go further than you do.~
 ++ ~[PC] Why did we stop? I think I may have lost control somewhere in all that excitement, but you held back.~ + c_what_you_wanted
 ++ ~[PC] I found out some very interesting things about you, too. But what happens now?~ + c_awol_make_excuse
 ++ ~[PC] So, what is our cover story?~ + c_awol_make_excuse
 ++ ~[PC] I think you have a lot to learn about what pleases me. I want you to show me that you are in command. That I am to serve you.~ + c_serve_me_wont_happen
 ++ ~[PC] I enjoyed it. But it is probably time to get going.~ + a380
END

IF ~~ c_serve_me_wont_happen
 SAY ~[ARAN] That won't rightly happen. I want to give you what you want, but that... I am just not built that way, eh?~
 ++ ~[PC] Why are you so weak? You seem to make it your mission to put us on an equal footing. It confuses me.~ + c_silly_mission
 ++ ~[PC] Aran! I was teasing. Can't you tell when I am teasing you and when I am serious?~ + c_no_i_cant_tell  
 ++ ~[PC] Well, it was a nice enough entertainment for an evening. But you should keep this to yourself. It never happened.~ + c_new_territory_confession
 ++ ~[PC] You are so... oh, forget it. You can pursue me if you want. But I probably will break your heart, sleep with other people, and generally make your life a living hell.~ + c_new_territory_confession
 ++ ~[PC] Well, that means I need to take charge. Starting now.~ + c_time_to_get_moving
END

IF ~~ c_no_i_cant_tell
 SAY ~[ARAN] No, I have naught in th' way o' tellin' when you be teasin' an' when you be serious. But I can tell you somethin' about our time together that be th' whole an' complete truth, in all seriousness...~
 IF ~~ THEN GOTO c_makeout_sparring_end_state
END

IF ~~ c_think_what_they_like
 SAY ~[ARAN] They can think what they like. Accordin' to my memory, there were an enjoyable time had by all concerned, an' that be only two; you, an' me.~
 ++ ~[PC] This was fun, but I have other commitments, Aran. This was a nice interlude, but nothing more.~ + c_new_territory_confession
 ++ ~[PC] In that case, breakfast. In bed. Or whatever we want to call lying on the cold ground. That's what I want.~ + a387
 ++ ~[PC] I... you may not care what other people think. But I do.~ + c_awol_make_excuse
 ++ ~[PC] What would you say if I said I wanted you to never tell a soul about last night?~ + c_new_territory_confession
 ++ ~[PC] Why did we stop? I think I may have lost control somewhere in all that excitement, but you held back.~ + c_what_you_wanted
END

IF ~~ c_awol_make_excuse
 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, we could tell people we was practicin' an' decided to camp out here. Or we could tell 'em we got a mite bit lost.~
 = ~[ARAN] Hells, we could probably tell 'em we made wild romantic love under th' stars an' you are givin' up th' whole travelin' thing to settle down an' raise a family, but I don't rightly think they would believe that.~
 = ~[ARAN] But truth be told, you don't rightly owe no one anythin' in th' way o' explanation.~
 ++ ~[PC] This was fun, but I have other commitments, Aran. This was a nice interlude, but nothing more.~ + c_new_territory_confession
 ++ ~[PC] Why would they not think that we had made love?~ + c_look_at_you_and_me
 ++ ~[PC] What would you say if I reminded you that I am in a serious relationship with someone else, and do not want anything you and I do to interfere?~ + c_new_territory_confession
 ++ ~[PC] In that case, breakfast. In bed. Or whatever we want to call lying on the cold ground. That's what I want.~ + a387
 ++ ~[PC] I might owe you an explanation. I don't know what came over me, but I need to remind you that I have something special with someone else. This has to remain our secret.~ + c_new_territory_confession
END

IF ~~ c_what_you_wanted
 SAY ~[ARAN] That be what you said wanted. An' I have a mission in life, to get you what you be wantin'.~
 ++ ~[PC] What would you say if I said I wanted more kisses, right now?~ + c_time_to_get_moving
 ++ ~[PC] What would you say if I said I wanted more than kisses, right now?~ + c_time_to_get_moving
 ++ ~[PC] What would you say if I said I wanted you to make love to me, right now?~ + c_time_to_get_moving
 ++ ~[PC] What would you say if I said I wanted you to never tell a soul about last night?~ + c_new_territory_confession
 ++ ~[PC] That is a silly mission.~ + c_silly_mission
END

IF ~~ c_silly_mission
 SAY ~[ARAN] That might be true. But it be my mission, none th' less. Sometimes a lad just has to do what he has to do, regardless o' th' consequences.~
 ++ ~[PC] What would you say if I said I wanted more kisses, right now?~ + c_time_to_get_moving
 ++ ~[PC] Aran... you don't really think we have a future, romantically, do you?~ + c_look_at_you_and_me
 ++ ~[PC] What would you say if I reminded you that I am in a serious relationship with someone else, and do not want anything you and I do to interfere?~ + c_new_territory_confession
END

IF ~~ c_look_at_you_and_me
 SAY ~[ARAN] Hells, just look at you. An' then look at me. We could parade around Faerun makin' love in public on every town square, an' there would still be folk what would never belive that I could be your companion in that way.~
 = ~[ARAN] There be naught in th' way o' missin' th' disparity between you an' a rough sellsword. But since I be able to have this time wi' you, I don't rightly care, eh? An' as for a night spent kissin' you, all I can say is...~
END

IF ~~ c_new_territory_confession
 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, I would say that were right frustratin', on th' one hand. On th' other...~
END

IF ~~ c_time_to_get_moving
 SAY ~[ARAN] I would say hold that thought, on account o' we needs be movin' along right quick. Nothin' kills romance like mornin' breath an' a sore back from havin' stones for beddin', eh? But I do have to say...~
END

IF ~~ c_makeout_sparring_end_state
 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, on th' whole, it were just about th' nicest night o' my life.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

- the 'no soul' talk triggered in the wind spear hills during chapter 2, while PC still has her soul

OK, this has come up in both short-timer and regular-timer talks from multiple betatesters, so I need to actually do something about it for real, before continuing on. It needs more work, but structurally I can put in a temporary fix.

TEMPORARY REPAIR - split the script blocks for FT 1-11 into a spearate "available anytime" block, and 12-14 into a "post Chapter 5" block. We may need to revisit what happens at the start of Chapter 6 in terms of the FTs starting off again.

-getting assaulted by the three guys in front of the bar went off without a problem. Two little things.. In response 4 the PC can say 'no you kill everything too slowly, I want it to be a long drawn out process' that didn't make much sense to me. And one last little thing, I would have loved the option to ask Aran to deal with these idiots before I do something I'll regret.

Repairs:

++ ~[PC] Aran... deal with these idiots, please, before I do something I might regret.~ EXTERN C-MALCER a2941
 ++ ~[PC] No, no, no. I'll do it myself. You kill everything too slowly. I want this to be a long, drawn out process.~ + a2935
END

All of this is cleaned up, test installed, and uploaded to GitHub.

I'm back on piperb's list tomorrow and friday, but there is definitely overlap, and that is where I am focusing right now. Most specifically, the disjoint in

Yay. :) Just in response to that last line.. You kill everything too slowly. I want this to be a long, drawn out process. Shouldn't it read You kill things too quickly? Otherwise, why would she want to do it herself if what she wants is a long, drawn out process. Or maybe I read that wrong again...

You know you're my hero right? :D

Add me to this list as well! I agree with Miss Behave, LOVE the HD romance and Aran, but Aran needs more content. You can connect the dots without overloading the player with info, (for those who don't like explicit detail).

Sorry for the long silence. I'm doing a couple run throughs right now. Once I've completed these ones, I'm doing a full reinstall and I'll grab the new Aran for a clean run. I'll probably leave out some of the mods I'm currently running with. At that point I'll keep new notes and will post them here again.

Does he have Dace crossmod content? I think she's really amusing and I could totally see her hitting on him.

Closing this one up so I can keep track of what happens in [Pre-RC_Luridel]. Darned good memories going through this thread... and i am logging the Dace Linton stuff as a possible great crossmod expansion!

Archived