[Pre-RC_Luridel] piperb's Playthrough

piperb

a3652

[ARAN] (His breath is warm on your face...

Next to the last PC response:

[PC] (Take one of his fingers as it it were a paintbrush...

it it -> if it

Same thing for the following one as well:

a3677

[ARAN] (You feel the gentle heat...

Second PC response:

[PC] (Take one of his fingers as it it were a paintbrush...

cmorgan edit - repaired at

https://github.com/cmorganbg/Aran-Whitehand/commit/5dfd19f09c85e583f44b6863e67f39722b7b8ad8

a1623 [ARAN] Thank you right kindly. You didn't read it, now, did you?

[PC] Unfortunately, yes. The imagery was quite... detailed. one might even say explicit.

The o in one needs to be capitalized or change the period before one to a comma.

-----

Aran - HaerDalis SoA Banter - Mnemonics

Edwin must not be included in this banter, no comment for him appeared in game.

-----

a3590 [ARAN] (...With gentle tongue...)

= ~[ARAN] Now, I do think those sound...

With a gentle tongue

Now, I do think those sounds...

cmorgan edit: Repairs integrated at

https://github.com/cmorganbg/Aran-Whitehand/commit/53fb65fed0bea8295f883b8c682904fb93354c01

Forgot to mention this earlier, but Aran's XP does not adjust to the PC's if he is picked up later in the game. The other game I have going, did a few quests then went back to get Aran. Adjusted the XP in SK, but you may want to consider adding script that will automatically adjust his XP like other NPCs.

Everything recently posted is from the files you uploaded last to GitHub.

First game, (SoA completed and now in ToB = PC-CN Elf F/T, in party Aran, Kivan, Gavin, Edwin, HD. The major issue with first game was the CTD getting Aran drunk at the Vulgar Monkey. BTW, if I haven't told you yet, the ToL talk with Aran is excellent.

Aran's sisters talk in ToB has an interjection from HD that was a bit out of the set character, IMO. Him trying to hook up with Aran's sister doesn't really fit if HD's romance installed, active and set @2. HD will end the romance with the PC later in ToB, if she continues other committed romances in addition to his. But, it is possible to have more than one @2 for a time with HD, Aran, (and/or Kivan), in the party.

The following is from one of the other games I started. This one = PC-CN Human Fighter. In party Aran, Minsc, Kivan, Jaheira. We have issues with Aran in the The Broken Sword right after picking him up. Force talking him, (before leaving The Broken Sword), and choosing the bath option - no variables set. Tried this with him and the PC doing everything and just taking a 'friendly' bath with not even a kiss being exchanged. Either way, no variables set and the PC flirting with Aran afterwards, (after bath but before leaving The Broken Sword), the flirts do not register - no variables set. The right variables do set if the PC doesn't take a bath with him though.

Here's the variables that have set in this game so far: The usual timers; Match=1; Rom=1; FriendBG2=2; Aranisdrunk; And the only local that has set is AranJoined and my PC has flirted with Aran multiple times.

As for the Aranisdrunk variable...After Aran was in party, went to Docks to start the thief quest, then went back to Copper Coronet to complete last half of slaver quest. Got Aran drunk his first time in the Copper Coronet = game CTD.

-----

Minor things with bath talk - No previous indication that PC or Aran removed any gear, armor or clothing before this block in game.

a4603 [ARAN] It makes a fair bit o' difference to me...

- 4th PC response - Getting in tub with armor?

[PC] (Blush and lower your eyelashes... but step into the tub...

- 5th PC response gives the impression she is in the tub half dressed.

[PC] Oh, no you don't. I have taken most of my clothes off already, and this water feels great... + a4630

a4630 [ARAN] (There is a tremendous splashing as he joins you, his clothing strewn about haphazardly beside the pile of towels nearby.)

-In game, going from a4603 to a4630 gives the impression that Aran is in the tub *then* removes armor and clothing.

Have you got the version you want me to start testing on GitHub now?

EDIT: Decided to go ahead with the version you have on GitHub now. Clean install and new game. The Bouncer is not in the Promenade and no way to enter the new area to access Aran. Did you make major changes in this version? Double checked my weidu.log and Aran was installed. This is the first time I installed him with the thief configuration, if that makes any difference.

(Copy & paste directly from log)

~ARANW/SETUP-ARANW.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install Aran Whitehand for SoA and ToB: Beta_4_piperb

~ARANW/SETUP-ARANW.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install Audio Files -> Install Soundset, Voiced lines, and Music: Beta_4_piperb

~ARANW/SETUP-ARANW.TP2~ #0 #9 // Choose Which Aran Configuration to install -> Aran Whitehand, Thief Dual-Class stats, choose configuration (Spy): Beta_4_piperb

~ARANW/SETUP-ARANW.TP2~ #0 #10 // Choose Aran's Portrait: Beta_4_piperb

PC in this game is a CN Half Elf Fighter Mage.

The inn talk when taking the bath path to wash off ink.

ARAN - Liira's Luscious Lashes, I can't rightly live wi' out th' sight, sound, smell, an' taste o' you. I have to have you.

PC - Well, when you put it that way... We just seem to have one last little thing standing between your lips and my chest.

Aran - There be a good answer to that, you know...I could remove th' offendin' material right quick. An' I think I have everythin' important in hand, so to speak.

(Only two options appeared for the PC in response to Aran)

PC - I think...I think I am not ready for this. Can we just cuddle?

PC- Just hold me, and kiss me. I want that, no more, no less.

No roleplaying possibilities when restricted to one type of respsonse.

Sorry I've been absent for so long but RL has been too real for the past year. Had a few minutes and wanted to drop in to check on Aran's progress. Looking forward to playing again, but that won't happen until after the new year. In the meantime, I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and I'll be talking to you soon, cmorgan.

I hope Aran isn't dead! I'm beginning to panic just a bit. I just realised that Cmorgan has been absent for quite a while and nobody has added to this desirable fellow! I had hoped to get a link to the alpha or beta, but I think I'll just cross my fingers and hope he'll (cmorgan AND Aran) will return.

Archived