big world

Sarevok

foowie...

Reinstall to a newer directory you think?

I decided to go with Big World Installer skipping Big World Setup. And I like just about all the mods.

hmm, any way I can get BG2 ToB Sarevok to use his BG1 model? I like the armor look if nothing else...

Edit: so I had fixed/found the causes of the melee attacks not working, view link which is other thread at shsforum)

yep I'm on a Mac (Mini) myself, yet use Parallels Desktop 7 virtual machine for Windows XP. :)

hmm, any way I can get BG2 ToB Sarevok to use his BG1 model? I like the armor look if nothing else...
Well that can be done, but the warning here is that the game might crash if the character does anything that the animation can't.

Basically with the mods you have(no One Pixel Productions mod or the like) you should get the effect if you open the save game -with the character having already the two handed sword in his armor- with ShadowKeeper, going to the Sarevok's character and then opening the "Appearance" tab and then Either setting the value to "0x6404" or going via the name search to "Sarevok" and then saving and exiting and loading the game and the edited save.

I already have Shadow Keeper, and it may be awhile before I get to the ToB portion of game anyhow.

And I've already downloaded character Sarevok by Eric (Submitted) from Sorcerers.net, how maybe use that 'Sarevok' for tob 'npc' party Sarevok?

could someone try listing the mods that mess with animations so I can attempt to exclude them?

could someone try listing the mods that mess with animations so I can attempt to exclude them?
It's not really mods but their components, but I'll give you a list of mods...

BG2 Tweak, 1ppv3: Thieves Galore, 1ppv3: Female Dwarves, One Pixel Productions(1pp), Drows v1, Infinity Animations.

The Sorcerer.net's character is exported character that has the avatar changed ... same thing you can do in ShadowKeeper. .. but that won't work in a single player game or even in lore friendly fashion as the character is in fact not the story's Sarevok.

BG2 Tweak, 1ppv3: Thieves Galore, 1ppv3: Female Dwarves, One Pixel Productions(1pp), Drows v1, Infinity Animations.

The Sorcerer.net's character is exported character that has the avatar changed ... same thing you can do in ShadowKeeper. .. but that won't work in a single player game or even in lore friendly fashion as the character is in fact not the story's Sarevok.

thanks, and ok... now to figure out shadow keeper changing npc avatar etc; reinstalling BG games to a newer directory

thanks, and ok... now to figure out shadow keeper changing npc avatar etc; reinstalling BG games to a newer directory
It's easier if you change the party members, not the NPCs... basically cause the Shadowkeeper can only change the party members... And that I told above.
It's easier if you change the party members, not the NPCs... basically cause the Shadowkeeper can only change the party members... And that I told above.

so then once I get to that point in tob when he joins, which will be quite awhile before then. shsforum thread I've put a link to all my worldmap screenshots if you wish to attempt putting them together.

and,... why does this game like me?

yay.png

30? before it had been much harder to get a like 25, nevermind 30+. the BG that poofed on us. not complainning though...

no but the readme-text that came with it is helpful, might there be a way to uh transfar/merge/whatever the word(s) I'm looking for the items, etc. to tob party Sarevok? Or whatever to make crashes less likely? whether or not certain mods are installed.

Instead of installing everything in BWS, I'd instead make a list of every mod you really want, and manually install each.
Erhm, that's cause you are on Mac and there's no way to install the 1000 components in the 400+ mods that the BWS can install on PC.

Most things I can install manually, not including any non-WeiDU mods, any BG1/BGT/TuTu/IA content, or mods not in English, or those mods that don't extract to anything I can install. It just means that it takes between three and seven days to install everything before playing.

It's sad that no one is particularly motivated to give the Mac side more support, especially for us PPC Mac users. A Mac equivalent to BWS would be a godsend!

Downloaded mod "Keeping Yoshimo", plopped in directory, told big world installer to repeat check, it list said mod as not found... okay?
The mod also needs to be extracted, meaning that the files in the game directory need to be the setup-*modname*.exe and the possible setup-*modname*.tp2 and the mod folder ... not the selfextracting archive, or in Keeping Yoshimo's case, you need to extract the __Yoshi.zip to the game folder, and then copy one of the many setup-*modname*.exe's from other extracted mods and rename it as setup-#!yoshi.exe ...
Downloaded mod "Keeping Yoshimo", plopped in directory, told big world installer to repeat check, it list said mod as not found... okay?
The mod also needs to be extracted, meaning that the files in the game directory need to be the setup-*modname*.exe and the possible setup-*modname*.tp2 and the mod folder ... not the selfextracting archive, or in Keeping Yoshimo's case, you need to extract the __Yoshi.zip to the game folder, and then copy one of the many setup-*modname*.exe's from other extracted mods and rename it as setup-#!yoshi.exe ...

yup, the "setup", .tp2, and mod folder were in directory, installpack still claimed it couldn't find it even though it was there in the right directory.

yup, the "setup", .tp2, and mod folder were in directory, installpack still claimed it couldn't find it even though it was there in the right directory.
In which directory ? Were they in the <game directory>/ OR in <game directory>/__Yoshi/ ?

And what about the setup-#!yoshi.exe ? Yeah, the .bat searched for the .exe's not the .tp2 's cause the usual mod has a .exe in the archive that's extracted... welcome to the auto-install world, which has it's own setup rules you need to follow. It's not just point and click anymore.

In which directory ? Were they in the <game directory>/ OR in <game directory>/__Yoshi/ ?

And what about the setup-#!yoshi.exe ? Yeah, the .bat searched for the .exe's not the .tp2 's cause the usual mod has a .exe in the archive that's extracted... welcome to the auto-install world, which has it's own setup rules you need to follow. It's not just point and click anymore.

BG2 game directory, if it does it again on this new mod install I'll take a picture-screenshot... extracting files currently from all my .rar and such.

Archived