v11 To-Do List

Another item for the to-do list: The Fixpack causes Nalia to have one less spell slot than she should have.

File: NALIA13.cre (Nalia at level 12)

Without the Fixpack, Nalia has too many spells memorized. The Fixpack corrects this by removing the excess memorized spells. However, in doing so, the Fixpack also erases her 6th-level spell slot. That means Nalia is missing one 6th-level spell slot at level 12 if you install the Fixpack.

I may be out on a limb here, but would it be safe to assume that this is the latest and the last version to be ever released (v10.01 committed by CamDawg on Apr 24, 2013)? Does any other contributor have more updates than that? I'm asking because some people have access to v11 Alpha, or at least have it in their WeiDU logs. Is there a newer unstable build that I'm not aware of?

Otherwise, has anybody successfully played BG2 with Fixpack v10.01 (Apr 24, 2013)? Are there any issues that need adjustments in the tp2?

Since most (all?) of the maintainers of this fixpack either contract for or volunteer for Beamdog, and since the last things any of them posted in here were regarding EE, I think it's safe to say the Fixpack for original BG is done, at least until long after the EE expansion is released and gets patched up weeks/months later. They'll be able to carry over any applicable fixes back to this pretty easily; otherwise it's just being redundant to save a few months' wait at this point.

Um, yea, but is v10.01 (Apr 24, 2013 committed by CamDawg) the latest unstable version or not? There are several sources and contributors, so it's easy to get lost. Maybe there are other repositories or something.

In other words, could somebody kindly provide a link to the latest alpha/unstable/nightly/... build of the BG2 Fixpack?

Is there any plan to push version 11 out at some point?

The last official release was three years ago now.

I've tried to get v11 going a couple of times but it's a daunting task. The problem is that I get stuck just trying to catalog the number of fixes in BG2EE that need to be brought to the Fixpack. The scale is just crazy; I suspect a proper v11 is probably going to be as much work as the previous releases combined and will likely need its own beta series.

I am sorry to hear a new version requires such a big effort.

I honestly didn't think that there could be so much fixing material left to integrate, other than just moving many Beta fixes to the core component.

Hopefully someone can help you with the cataloging...

Sorry, I'm explaining myself poorly. It's not a matter of documenting them for Fixpack, it's crawling through the EE patch logs and other docs to find everything that was found and fixed by QA and the testers beyond the initial Fixpack v10 base for the games so it can be fixed/adapted on vanilla for v11. Even at release the EEs were a couple hundred fixes up; the gap has grown with every patch cycle including the current 2.0 series that's going through beta testing now.

Alright, let me try again.

The problem is looking through EE documentation--patch logs and the like--to build a comprehensive list of what's missing for v11. From that list, I'll then have to write and test those fixes.

Linking instead of writing documentation does not affect any of that.

From that list, I'll then have to write and test those fixes.

More like: Jury rigging a tests that can definitely show if the fix is needed in the non-EE BG2 game and then try fix it somehow, without the access to the source code. And leave a copy of what's not done yet.

I think they're offering help CamDawg. I imagine they could combine the patch notes into a list and crosscheck some of the fixes instead of you.

It would be easy on a forum. Concatenate them together and cross each item out if it is found to be there already or mark it as TODO otherwise.

Archived