A little help please? Infinitely stuttering Yoshimo.

Nyaore

I recently did a clean install of SoA and ToB, as I was getting a few issues with stuttering and incorrectly ordered LT's with a few mods after installing one too many. So I followed the clean install instructions, re-downloaded the patches, and installed only the mods I knew I was going to use again sometime in the future before my next inevitable clean install. Only, the problems are still there, except this time I found one worse - an infinitely stuttering Yoshimo bug that causes him to constantly toggle my PC ( stopping her dead in her tracks ) but with no dialogue forth coming. What's weird, however, is that it only happens in outdoor cells in Athkatla - the indoor cells in the city are fine. (Can't speak for areas outside of the city as I got so sick of fighting him to the edges of each area that I eventually booted him from the party.) Could someone help me figure out what's wrong? I'd really appreciate the help. I'm not adverse to doing another clean install, or a full reinstall for that matter, but I'd rather see if I can't find the problem first before venturing down that road.

WeiDU Log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie Flirt Pack For SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Aerie/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aerie Flirt Pack For TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #3 // Aerie/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #5 // Jaheira/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #7 // Jaheira/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #8 // Viconia Flirt Pack for SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #9 // Viconia/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #10 // Viconia Flirt Pack for TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #11 // Viconia/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #12 // Anomen Flirt Pack for SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #13 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen Flirt Pack for TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #15 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~ADRIAN/SETUP-ADRIAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Adrian for BGII: v1.3

~AURENASEPH/SETUP-AURENASEPH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Auren Aseph V7.2 for BG2:ToB

~HAERDALISROMANCE/HAERDALISROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Haer'Dalis Romance (SoA & ToB): v2

~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Xan NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II, v10

~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #5 // BG1-style flaming swords

~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kivan of Shilmista: v13

~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #2 // Select Deheriana's Class -> Wild Mage: v13

~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #7 // Install ToB Portion of the Mod: v13

~TSUJATHA/SETUP-TSUJATHA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tsujatha (BG2:SoA NPC) created by Sillara of the Tamari: v13

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn: V13

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install SOA Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter): V13

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal: V13

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install TOB Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter): V13

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #0 // PaintBG: make portraits available via 'portraits' directory

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #2 // Portraits for PC (BG2/BGT) -> PaintBG: Override old PC portraits with new the selection (suggested)

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #6 // PaintBG: Install all BG1-only NPC portraits for BG2 (should affect most mods that bring back NPCs from BG1)

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #7 // PaintBG: Aerie

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #10 // PaintBG: Anomen

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #12 // PaintBG: Cernd

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #15 // PaintBG: Edwin

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #16 // PaintBG: Edwina (female Edwin)

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #20 // PaintBG: Haer'Dalis

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #21 // PaintBG: Imoen

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #22 // PaintBG: Jaheira

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #23 // PaintBG: Jan

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #25 // PaintBG: Keldorn

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #28 // PaintBG: Korgan

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #30 // PaintBG: Mazzy

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #31 // PaintBG: Minsc

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #32 // PaintBG: Nalia

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #36 // PaintBG: Sarevok

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #41 // PaintBG: Valygar

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #42 // PaintBG: Viconia

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #44 // PaintBG: Xan (BG2 NPC mod)

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #47 // PaintBG: Yoshimo

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #48 // PaintBG: Extra portraits (Bodhi, Jon, Ellesime and ToB characters) - affects LR Jon, TS Bodhi and Ascension Balthazar

~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Gavin for BG2: 20111016 TOB

~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #1 // Gavin heals the PC when below 50% health (Can be disabled or enabled via player-initiated dialogue): 20111016 TOB

~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #2 // Multi-romance cheat -> Normal romance kills: 20111016 TOB

~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #9 // Alternate Portrait Selection (Default portrait is already installed) -> Blue cloak, by kiwidoc: 20111016 TOB

Hmm. Are you sure it's Yoshimo? Does the problem persist when Yoshimo is not in party?

EDIT: The list of your installed mods is useful, but it is not enough: what current companions do you have in your party when the problem happens? Does it happen with only one companion? Which one?

Yoshimo-wise: Kivan and Tsujatha and Banterpack haven't been updated in a while, and old versions reported no stuttering; not sure about Auren, but I think it's the same there; definitely the same for Xan(v10 adds no Yoshimo content); Gavin and Haer'Dalis romance have no Yoshi scripts, Adrian's script is fine(I double-checked).

By the way, you shouldn't install NPCFlirt so early(it should go after all NPC mods, because it affects player-initiated dialogues; if the modder screws up his or her weights, NPC flirt menu will keep appearing instead).

I had Minsc, Jaheira, Anomen, Gavin, and Yoshimo with me at the time it happens. The only one who showed any amount of stuttering was Anomen and it wasn't anything serious, just his character turning to mine once then stopping. The infinite stuttering stops when Yoshimo leaves. It started shortly after I finished the Unseeing Eye quest in the Sewers, as soon as I stepped out into the Temple District. I haven't talked to Renal yet, I'll see if that's the problem when I get back home later on today.

Also thanks for telling me about the NPC Flirt problem. Looks like I am going for a new clean install regardless. I might have just screwed up last time I did it, though I don't recall missing any files when transferring from my back up.

Thank you both for the help. :)

Why is BG2 Fixpack not installed?

You're saying it as if it's a bad thing. I don't install it myself: the version I used to have made Cowled Wizards in Athkatla different and tougher to fight, made my Melf's Meteors weighless and killed Raelis's "No more plays, Haer'Dalis? No more theatre?" line when I accidentally installed GTU(I'm grumbling, yeah, but if you have a good reading memory, you know what an eyesore this is). Tastes differ.

@Nyaore - if possible please let us know if it turns out to be Renal-conversation-related-bug or something else.

Went back in to test it as soon as I got home and talking to Renal did the trick, though as I was doing so Minsc started stuttering every once in awhile on the way to the Thieves Guild. Nothing as bad as what Yoshimo was doing, as I could at least get a good way into a map before it happened, but it was still noticeable and it's probably because I've been ignoring the Shade Lord quest if Yoshimo's bug is any indication. Somehow I get the feeling the rest of the NPCs would do the same if I ignored their quests as I know Aerie does it on occasion regardless of mod order - but as of the time it started I had already done most of the quests the others would prompt me towards.

I'm going to do a clean install now with the correct mod order and omit the banter pack, as that's the only mod I've never used before extensively and I now have a sneaking suspicion it might be what's causing the issues, and then see if it happens again. I really appreciate the help once again, I love how helpful the community for this game is. You guys are the best! :)

Good to know! I'd like to say a word in favor of Banter Pack here: it's an old, solid and dependable mod, so no, it's not the evil guy in this case(or any other, probably). Since you're playing with many Bioware NPCs, I'd say banter pack is a necessity, even, because you won't have enough banters to last you till the end of the game, especially with Banter Accelerator installed.

And one more thing: there's a Yoshimo friendship available over at SHSforums.net. It seems to be worth installing at least once - to see if you like it.

Aaaand my favorite thread about restoring clean backups for BG2/Tutu within a minute: here you go. Might make your next reinstall much quicker.

Good to know it's probably not the cause! I was really excited when I stumbled across it a few days ago as my party almost always consists of predominantly Bioware NPCs with maybe one or two modded characters thrown in for fun, and I always feel sad when the banters run out. I'll give it a try again then. I've used all the other mods at least once and in conjunction with one another, so I had a bad feeling that it was the culprit as it was the only one I've never used before, it's nice to hear that my worries were unfounded!

Thanks for the recommendations and for all your help as well! I'll definitely pop over to SHS to check out the Yoshimo friendship. :D

P.S. I forgot to drop by the thread for it on PP, but I just wanted to say I love your Xan mod - particularly the latest version. Every time I reinstall he has to be a part of the game, even if I never enlist him during a particular playthrough.

The reason I asked about Renal is because Fixpack fixes some triggers with Yoshimo's chat about Renal--he doesn't have too many scripted interactions with Player1, and that was the lone one that relied on inside/outside. So yeah, Fixpack would address this.

I recently did a clean install of SoA and ToB, as I was getting a few issues with stuttering and incorrectly ordered LT's with a few mods after installing one too many. So I followed the clean install instructions, re-downloaded the patches, and installed only the mods I knew I was going to use again sometime in the future before my next inevitable clean install. Only, the problems are still there, except this time I found one worse - an infinitely stuttering Yoshimo bug that causes him to constantly toggle my PC ( stopping her dead in her tracks ) but with no dialogue forth coming. What's weird, however, is that it only happens in outdoor cells in Athkatla - the indoor cells in the city are fine. (Can't speak for areas outside of the city as I got so sick of fighting him to the edges of each area that I eventually booted him from the party.) Could someone help me figure out what's wrong? I'd really appreciate the help. I'm not adverse to doing another clean install, or a full reinstall for that matter, but I'd rather see if I can't find the problem first before venturing down that road.

WeiDU Log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie Flirt Pack For SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Aerie/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aerie Flirt Pack For TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #3 // Aerie/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #5 // Jaheira/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #7 // Jaheira/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #8 // Viconia Flirt Pack for SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #9 // Viconia/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #10 // Viconia Flirt Pack for TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #11 // Viconia/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #12 // Anomen Flirt Pack for SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #13 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen Flirt Pack for TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #15 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~ADRIAN/SETUP-ADRIAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Adrian for BGII: v1.3

~AURENASEPH/SETUP-AURENASEPH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Auren Aseph V7.2 for BG2:ToB

~HAERDALISROMANCE/HAERDALISROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Haer'Dalis Romance (SoA & ToB): v2

~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Xan NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II, v10

~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #5 // BG1-style flaming swords

~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kivan of Shilmista: v13

~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #2 // Select Deheriana's Class -> Wild Mage: v13

~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #7 // Install ToB Portion of the Mod: v13

~TSUJATHA/SETUP-TSUJATHA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tsujatha (BG2:SoA NPC) created by Sillara of the Tamari: v13

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn: V13

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install SOA Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter): V13

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal: V13

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install TOB Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter): V13

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #0 // PaintBG: make portraits available via 'portraits' directory

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #2 // Portraits for PC (BG2/BGT) -> PaintBG: Override old PC portraits with new the selection (suggested)

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #6 // PaintBG: Install all BG1-only NPC portraits for BG2 (should affect most mods that bring back NPCs from BG1)

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #7 // PaintBG: Aerie

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #10 // PaintBG: Anomen

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #12 // PaintBG: Cernd

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #15 // PaintBG: Edwin

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #16 // PaintBG: Edwina (female Edwin)

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #20 // PaintBG: Haer'Dalis

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #21 // PaintBG: Imoen

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #22 // PaintBG: Jaheira

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #23 // PaintBG: Jan

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #25 // PaintBG: Keldorn

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #28 // PaintBG: Korgan

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #30 // PaintBG: Mazzy

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #31 // PaintBG: Minsc

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #32 // PaintBG: Nalia

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #36 // PaintBG: Sarevok

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #41 // PaintBG: Valygar

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #42 // PaintBG: Viconia

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #44 // PaintBG: Xan (BG2 NPC mod)

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #47 // PaintBG: Yoshimo

~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #48 // PaintBG: Extra portraits (Bodhi, Jon, Ellesime and ToB characters) - affects LR Jon, TS Bodhi and Ascension Balthazar

~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Gavin for BG2: 20111016 TOB

~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #1 // Gavin heals the PC when below 50% health (Can be disabled or enabled via player-initiated dialogue): 20111016 TOB

~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #2 // Multi-romance cheat -> Normal romance kills: 20111016 TOB

~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #9 // Alternate Portrait Selection (Default portrait is already installed) -> Blue cloak, by kiwidoc: 20111016 TOB

Do you have Throne of Bhaal v26498 patch installed?

"

Fixes a stutter bug experienced by some players that caused the game to pause momentarily every few seconds while playing. "

CamDawg-

I did a clean install shortly after my last post and downloaded the fixpack after the necessary patches and so far everything seems to be going alright. I'm downloading mods one at a time to see which one caused it, but for the ones I have installed right now if they did cause it the fixpack seems to be helping.

InKal- I did have the patch installed.

The stutter glitch didn't pause the game, every other character moved fine, it just stopped my character and Yoshimo. (And later Minsc to a lesser extent.) So far it's been resolved as far as I can tell with this new clean install, where I have both the patch and the fixpack. :)

Archived