Baldur's Gate 2 Spellcasting problem

SandorLegeny

Hello Everyone!

Its a great joy to see my all time fav game on android, and it runs relatively well on my Samsung Galaxy S3. There's a slight problem while casting a spell, usually there's a 1-2 sec delay when the spells are about to be cast. Is this some configuration error on my side, or is this where GemRB's limit to speed?

There's a slight problem while casting a spell, usually there's a 1-2 sec delay when the spells are about to be cast. Is this some configuration error on my side, or is this where GemRB's limit to speed?
Have you figured the casting delay to your point of view ?

As the spells are not instantly casted, but they take their time to actually get the words out depending on the spell(not related to the sounds the casting actually makes, as it's an effect which the games pause for example can't actually pause)... say the Magic Missile casting time is really fast, while Find Familiar takes a lot of time(~6 seconds to complete), and after that the next spell can't be casted until the next round is begins(the ~6 seconds).

So... can you give a good example to portray the problem ?

Hmm, or does the casting of a spell cause a complete delay in the graphics ? Or other problems... then it's something else, which also a good example comes handy.

When the spell is about to be cast, then there's a delay in the grapichs, its like the game stops for 1-2 seconds, It has nothing to do with ingame casting times or waiting for the round to finish to cast the next spell. Like when the game starts and Irenicus starts the "'experiments" and when he's about to cast the spells the game just stops for a few seconds and then resumes,something like lagging. It is strange as otherwise the game runs smoothly, enough smooth to actually enjoy the game to maximum on the phone, if not for this casting lag bug that i'm experiencing now.

Lag is the correct word. :) On a pc you don't see this problem, but on constrained devices like mobiles, the fact that we still use software rendering can be spotted more easily. Maybe the opengl renderer will help with that, but spell effects will always be a slowdown, it's just that the other speedups may cover it up.

was trying with 0.7.2 as i had problems with 0.8. but it still had the problem. Other gameplay features run much smoothly as stated in the eariler posts before.

If you got 0.8 running what problems do you have with it? (aside from what you are talking about here)

I cant Imagine anything bad enough to make you want to run an ancient super buggy release. (as opposed to a new super buggy release :D )

SyntaxError: you must have something misread or something, but i clearly written that i tested it with 0.7.2, because 0.8 doesnt work for me, and as i clearly said the game altogether runs quite smoothly on the ancient 0.7.2 version, but Lynx clearly stated that magic animation lags are the cause of Software rendering. Please try to interpret what i'm writing, as this was the second time u are telling something clearly stupid. Maybe if you're referring to the youtube link, then it was only to show the magic animation lagging on a SIMILAR platform with the SIMILAR problem. As i for the time being my only video recorder is on the phone, i had no means or the time to show it on my phone.

Best Wishes.

you must have something misread or something, but i clearly written that i tested it with 0.7.2, because 0.8 doesnt work for me

No, its not clearly written at all, see your exact quote below. Please don't be an ass to people trying to help you.

was trying with 0.7.2 as i had problems with 0.8. but it still had the problem. Other gameplay features run much smoothly as stated in the eariler posts before.

NO need to rage, it was a bit funky sentence: BUT for the record you shoved those tipical ideas as 1 spell/round and newer version, as u clearly had no idea what the problem is. Still I appreciate it much, and i got the anwser from Lynx, so it's all good, again Thank You :)

Archived