A patch to support utf-8 encoding

noword

Thanks, the patch looks great! Why did you strip your name/email out? We want to preserve authorship information.

And a thanks goes to you too MephistoSatanDevil, for testing it so fast (7 minutes, quite a lucky feat).

I dont like the zerospace bit at all (certainly shouldn't need another config option), but everything else seems fine. I think it may be better to just assign a function pointer during construction instead of wrapping the call inside the function for double byte string, but i dont care if it stays the way it is.

good work, thank you!

I guess it would make more sense as a new column for fonts.2da or did you have something else in mind?

in the past we just detected the case automatically; I expect we still do at least in one of the font subclasses. failing that a col in fonts.2da is preferred to a config value.

Thanks, the patch looks great! Why did you strip your name/email out? We want to preserve authorship information.

And a thanks goes to you too MephistoSatanDevil, for testing it so fast (7 minutes, quite a lucky feat).

Because the localization of Fallout 1. we have known each other for a long time.I informed him of this project and invited him to help solve the problem of Chinese display.The patch has also been tested for a few days.

name: noword

email: noword.forever@gmail.com

This is the first time I've joined a git project :)

ZeroSpace is for wrap lines.

If you need this feature, just add "ZeroSpace=1" in gemrb.cfg.

If you don't like it, nothing will be happend.

Set width of space to zero, and insert space to strings, that is a mature technology for Solve the "wrap line" problem.

This was merged in and the setting changed, so you don't set ZeroSpace=1 in gemrb.cfg, but in fonts.2da. Maybe SyntaxError can make it be detected automatically, which would be even better.

Thanks!

I'm guessing since nobody has answered you that nobody that frequents here has used the conversion script. I can see from the script that you need to know the encoding you are converting from first.

to run the script: install python 2.7 for windows then from a command prompt type python /path/to/tlk_convert.py /path/to/dialog.tlk currentEncodingOfTlk

Archived