Kit Revisions Beta 20

You are correct, I forgot to mention that I am using BG:EE.

- I've reverted it to vs. death as older versions

OK. It still says "save vs. spells" in the top part of the rage description though.

- what do you mean? It looks ok in the character generation screen but not in-game after it? o.O?

It is as you say.

I should probably mention it yes, though I'm not sure how. Listing all new spells might seem cool but then you may start wondering why I don't list the entire spellbook of base classes too, especially considering that even the base classes now have very different spellbooks compared to vanilla (the True Ranger in particular).

I don't think it is necessary to list all of them. Perhaps just say something akin to one of the following: "Gains divine spells that are focused on healing," "Divine spellbook is focused on healing spells," or "Loses access to offensive spells in favor of healing spells," for example.

HLAs

KR's HLAs will pretty much be an updated/expanded version of Refinements ones.

I too am looking forward to these, but would rather have the base classes worked out first if the HLAs will be a major time commitment.

@beta testers, if you can provide more feedback on b19 this is the right time for it as I'm working on b20.

Right now the planned changes are:

- True Fighter's Called Shot renamed into Called Hit

- Barbarian's Cleave ability display its name when triggered

- 100th attempt to make Berserker's Frenzy more "friendly"

- Berserker gains Reckless Offensive at 2nd lvl (doubles Offensive Stance dmg bonus, but adds -2 penalty to AC/saves vs. breath)

- Berserker no longer gain Terrifying Rage at 5th lvl

- Berserker gains Unchecked Fury at lvl 5 (when "helpless" trigger Frenzy)

- Cavalier's Challenge no longer gets additional magic damage, added a ProCreature effect to improve its intended role

- Cavalier's Shield Other spell revised into a sort of Defensive Harmony

- Undead Hunter armor restriction lifted (this kit will surely require attention)

- Ranger's Quarry no longer prevents the use of invisibility, but doubles the chance to be detected by Tracking

Am I missing anything?

Edited by Demivrgvs

UH "Smite Undead" checks for both "evil" and "Undead", so it doesn't work on those damn neutral skeletons.

I didn't give feedback on the Stalker but what I'd suggest is to increase "Swift Invisibility" casting time by 1 - it's so swift AI can barely respond :D

In my game, Stalker could still use any weapon but this is probably due to Refinements messing up the flags.

UH "Smite Undead" checks for both "evil" and "Undead", so it doesn't work on those damn neutral skeletons.
Noted. :)

I didn't give feedback on the Stalker but what I'd suggest is to increase "Swift Invisibility" casting time by 1 - it's so swift AI can barely respond :D
What's so problematic about it? Drinking a Potion of Invisibility is the same thing, actually slightly faster because Stalker's spell has casting time 1 not 0.

In my game, Stalker could still use any weapon but this is probably due to Refinements messing up the flags.
Thanks for reminding it, it was a small typo within Arda's code, it's fixed now. Edited by Demivrgvs
Am I missing anything?
The paladin xp level HLA table thing(modified "lunumab.2da" -file). :p
Edited and included just to shut you up about it. :D Jokes aside, it will require more changes because the whole "revised xp tables" is actually in an alpha stage and needs refinements.

What's so problematic about it? Drinking a Potion of Invisibility is the same thing, actually slightly faster because Stalker's spell has casting time 1 not 0.

Fair point. It's a very good spell for it's level.
Well, I do expect kit specific spells to be very good, else there would be no point adding them.

I have to go out but the good news is that the Berserker is fully ready. I'll be back after dinner to package it (still need to upgrade the tra files) and hopefully include all the other changes as well. If the other changes takes too much I'll upload a b20 before going to sleep anyway, with just the new Berserker (plus jarno's HLA progression table and the small cosmetic changes for the True Fighter and Barbarian) because I really cannot wait to have it tested (and I'm sure kreso is just as eager as me ;) ).

One thing I wasn't sure about and I can quickly edit (or you guys can edit in game to make multiple tests) is the new Frenzy duration (I've set it to 9 seconds) and the % chance to trigger it while using OS (still 10% right now). While enraged I'm using 100%, do you agree?

Edited by Demivrgvs

I have to go out but the good news is that the Berserker is fully ready. I'll be back after dinner to package it (still need to upgrade the tra files) and hopefully include all the other changes as well.

Great news!

If the other changes takes too much I'll upload a b20 before going to sleep anyway, with just the new Berserker

(plus jarno's HLA progression table and the small cosmetic changes for the True Fighter and Barbarian) because I really cannot wait to have it tested (and I'm sure kreso is just as eager as me ;) ).

:D

I picked up some kind of viral infection so I'm quite weak, but there's still some strenght left for frenzy I guess.

One thing I wasn't sure about and I can quickly edit (or you guys can edit in game to make multiple tests) is the new Frenzy duration (I've set it to 9 seconds) and the % chance to trigger it while using OS (still 10% right now). While enraged I'm using 100%, do you agree?

Np. I was thinking about making Frenzy duration scale backwards with levels from 9 to 6 (more apr) but this could be ok also.

And one more thing, somehow always gets overlooked - the updated description for "Revised Grandmastery". That'd be really nice.
Ehm...I just got back home 5 minutes ago. I only managed to package the Berserker for a stealth update because I promised it. @kreso, download it at your own risk. ;)

Regardless I'll wake up early tomorrow morning to work on both KR and SR. I'll be around for any quick fix and probably provide a more official new beta within the morning.

P.S Added Revised Grandmastery text update on my to-do list for b20.

Edited by Demivrgvs

I'm browsing some berserker files in NI.

In OS file, "protection from spell - OS" seems to have probability set to 0. Don't know if this matters any.

Rage at level 1 gives you both a +2 penalty to Breath and a +2 bonus to Breath (should be Death).

Since you don't want to give immunities back to Rage, a rather simple way to make sure that he gets into battle relatively fast (I still have to check his level 5 contingency) would be that Rage gives you a short lasting movement speed increase and an initiative bonus (+4 to weapon speed), somewhere 3 or 6 seconds would do it. Just an alternative if Helpless condition doesn't cover it all. :)

I really don't know how to make Berserker's description shorter. For Ao's sake I hate this limitation.

In OS file, "protection from spell - OS" seems to have probability set to 0. Don't know if this matters any.
It's a temporary left over and not the only one around for classes with still many work-in-progress things. Anyway, it doesn't matter because using OS itself should remove the ability from the menu e re-assign it after expiration.

Rage at level 1 gives you both a +2 penalty to Breath and a +2 bonus to Breath (should be Death).
lol

Since you don't want to give immunities back to Rage, a rather simple way to make sure that he gets into battle relatively fast (I still have to check his level 5 contingency) would be that Rage gives you a short lasting movement speed increase and an initiative bonus (+4 to weapon speed), somewhere 3 or 6 seconds would do it. Just an alternative if Helpless condition doesn't cover it all. :)
Well a "charge" maneuver surely fits the Berserker, but it would kinda overlap with our Barbarian in terms of gameplay. Regardless, I'm tempted to give back few immunities while enraged (e.g. fear and charm as per 5th edition Berserker), but let's see what the new level 5 ability can do first.

Well a "charge" maneuver surely fits the Berserker, but it would kinda overlap with our Barbarian in terms of gameplay. Regardless, I'm tempted to give back few immunities while enraged (e.g. fear and charm as per 5th edition Berserker), but let's see what the new level 5 ability can do first.

It would suit him for more than one reason. Anyway, I need some info about level 5 ability. Which effects should trigger it? I just had my berserker knocked unconciuss but he didn't go berserk (he was winded, if that matters).

Is it always active?

Anyhow, going to test this out against Stun and see if it works there.

EDIT:

It doesn't make him "un-stunned". Maybe it shouldn't be "cast spell on condition" but "cast spell" - "cast spell on condition", similar to what was the problem when we were trying on-hit Frenzy?

Edited by kreso