Kit Revisions Beta 20

I need some info about level 5 ability. Which effects should trigger it? I just had my berserker knocked unconciuss but he didn't go berserk (he was winded, if that matters).

Is it always active?

Anyhow, going to test this out against Stun and see if it works there.

That's exactly what need to be tested. IEDSP suggests that it works against hold effects (both hold person and web) and sleep too (thought it seems to work only if sleep has permanent timing, which would be useless :( ), but no other opcode seems to set the state to helpless. I do hope it works against stun and/or confusion, or something at all.

On a side note, this will finally make us discover the 'helpless' condition is useful for mage's Contingency (never used it my games because I had no clue how it worked) or if this is just another missed opportunity. :(

Well, I updated my last post, edited the files involved to see if it would change anything and if the implementation was wrong. It still apperantly doesn't account for Stun nor Web.

I'll try out some stuff with Edwin and see what is "helpless" anyway. I know that casting "Project Image" triggers "helpless" contingeny.

EDIT;

There's indeed something wrong. Edwin's contingency triggers if he's stunned.

Or webbed. :D

Edited by kreso
Well, I updated my last post, edited the files involved to see if it would change anything and if the implementation was wrong. It still apperantly doesn't account for Stun nor Web.

I'll try out some stuff with Edwin and see what is "helpless" anyway. I know that casting "Project Image" triggers "helpless" contingeny.

EDIT;

There's indeed something wrong. Edwin's contingency triggers if he's stunned.

Or webbed. :D

Mmm...all the files seem to have correct target values. Let's try what you suggested about using a different 'cast spell' within the clab file to apply the 'cast spell on condition', though it should have worked considering I simply edited the files we were using for activating Frenzy when struck, and that version worked.

@kreso, I've re-uploaded it with the following changes:

- clab files now uses a new dvcl323e ("normal" cast spell) to apply dvcl323c (cast spell when helpless), both with prmantnet timing modes

- dvcl323c triggers dvcl323d, which removes all the supposed helpless effects and cast dvcl323a (Frenzy)

It's working now. It will free him from Stun (I assume Hold as well, need to check, but can't right now), it will not free him from Web. Web will make him berserk, however.
Cool! I didn't remembered that Remove Paralysis (162) doesn't cure opcode 157 (the one used by web) but only 109 and 175 (the ones used by hold spells). Not sure what to do now...though I admit it's almost roleplaying that he gets really angry because Web is trapping him. lol :D Edited by Demivrgvs

Cool! I didn't remembered that Remove Paralysis (162) doesn't cure opcode 157 (the one used by web) but only 109 and 175 (the ones used by hold spells). Not sure what to do now...though I admit it's almost roleplaying that he gets really angry because Web is trapping him. lol :D

That's pretty funny! Could you make the Frenzy effect give protection from specific spell (Web)?

If the other changes takes too much I'll upload a b20 before going to sleep anyway,
Well, the title of the topic still says b19 and I can't see the b20 anywhere ... you, you...

Yes, I am this eager to criticize the potential lack of the "lunumab.2da" file in the b20 Paladin XP component yet again... av-2129.png

If the other changes takes too much I'll upload a b20 before going to sleep anyway,
Well, the title of the topic still says b19 and I can't see the b20 anywhere ... you, you...

Yes, I am this eager to criticize the potential lack of the "lunumab.2da" file in the b20 Paladin XP component yet again... av-2129.png

I had quite a few problems, and now I have to re-build the Berserker once again, but b20 will be out either tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. That being said, your beloved lunumab.2da is already there actually, added in the last stealth update. ;)
Demi, can you check if Ranger Tracking does something (anything)? I'm trying it out, but no illusions get dispelled. I tried something with NI, but still it won't work.
It looks fine, but you know that it doesn't dispel any illusion, do you? It is supposed to make invisible targets visible, and uses opcode 136 to make II targets visible without completely dispel the illusionary protection. Try setting the % chance from 30 to 100.