Kit Revisions Beta 20

[bG1:EE]

Regarding Offensive and Defensive Stance: Anyway to confirm they give the bonus - dmg and AC respectively? I see the THAC0 malus, but I can't tell if I receive any dmg increase or AC bonus.

They should show up in the games feedback ones you go and enable that.

So: Options -> Gameplay -> Feedback -> To hit rolls.

Regarding Offensive and Defensive Stance: Anyway to confirm they give the bonus - dmg and AC respectively? I see the THAC0 malus, but I can't tell if I receive any dmg increase or AC bonus.

They do. Damage bonus you won't see unless you play old BG2 (Tobex has an option to see every bonus/malus on rolls ie. luck, berserk, proficiency, base roll, Bless, strenght, whatever - EE can apperantly only dream of that :(. Sigh. See screenshot here to see what I'm talking bout. ).

AC bonus is implemented as "bonus vs weapon type" so it bypasses the hardcoded cap of -20 (+dex + single weapon style). You can see it in the character sheet as AC vs blunt, missile etc., similar to wearing a girlde of piercing/whatever.

They should show up in the games feedback ones you go and enable that.

So: Options -> Gameplay -> Feedback -> To hit rolls.

As I said, I've no problem with the THAC0 changing, and that's what To hit rolls show ;) I could of course have had another NPC hit charname instead to see if my AC had changed, but oh well.

They do. Damage bonus you won't see unless you play old BG2 (Tobex has an option to see every bonus/malus on rolls ie. luck, berserk, proficiency, base roll, Bless, strenght, whatever - EE can apperantly only dream of that :(. Sigh. See screenshot here to see what I'm talking bout. ).

AC bonus is implemented as "bonus vs weapon type" so it bypasses the hardcoded cap of -20 (+dex + single weapon style). You can see it in the character sheet as AC vs blunt, missile etc., similar to wearing a girlde of piercing/whatever.

Ah cheers. I tried wailing on Imoen forever - like 20 hits while she was chugging potions - but couldn't discern if the average damage was at all higher. I should have tried with a less damaging weapon I suppose. And indeed, there the AC bonus shows up nicely. It's been too long since I played, I should know to look for AC there on any mod by Demi :)

Edited by Dakk

Rant: WTF with my new PC quotes doesn't work? Is it a "feature" of this damn Windows 8.1?

Anyway, I'll fix the mentioned issues thanks. A new KR build will shortly follow SR one.

i had the same problem with quotes see the monk s sub thread on this forum my replies kept saying quoted from you... LOL

Components in installation

Hi Demi,

I am sure you have lots to do, but I would like to ask you to make a separate component for each class in the mod (fighters, rangers, paladins, thieves etc.).

It would be very nice to have some more control over the installation process.

Fixes

IR main component

[...]

IR rest of

[...]

Looks fine to me. ;)

Since you mentioned install order I might jump at the opportunity to clear something up.

If I understood correctly the reason to break the installation in two parts is because other mods might make copies of existing items for their own use and you want to make sure they copy the changed item. In other words if, hypothetically, you are definitely sure that the mods don't use that method, you could install the entire IR after NPC and quest mods, right?