PlumberOfDeath

Support for macbuildserver for direct installation to iOS devices w/o jailbreaking

Has there been any thought given to support for installing to iOS devices via http://macbuildserver.com/? This allows for signing and installation of apps straight from github without having to jailbreak your device. I've already given this a try and get a "xcodebuild: error: The project 'apple/GemRB.xcodeproj' does not contain a target named 'GemRB'." error. I can post the entire build log, if it helps.

the iOS Xcode target is called "GemRB iOS" (the project contains targets for mac too)

none of the devs have an iOS device so no, we havent looked at anything like that. (the site is down so i don't even know exactly what it it)

feel free to do it for us :D

The site is slow to respond. And, although I am not a developer, I am not completely foreign to hacking code. If you want to point me in the right direction, I'm open to giving it a try.

ok i just tried it myself. the problem is on their end. they arent escaping the space between GemRB and iOS so when they pass it to xcode it tries to build one target called GemRB and one called iOS

so file a bug with them i guess or fork our repo and rename/duplicate the target to not have a space.

Edited by SyntaxError

Can't we live without space? Replace the space with underscore.

sure, but i feel like they still ought to fix it on their end :p

and before I do that id like Plumber to fork and make sure that is the only show stopper (we have an unusually complicated target due to the automatic versioning and icon generation etc).

Edited by SyntaxError

Before putting too much time into this there are a couple other bugs on their end that need fixing, namely using the same bundle id for all signed apps, making each time you install a new app it replaces the previous.

Before putting too much time into this there are a couple other bugs on their end that need fixing, namely using the same bundle id for all signed apps, making each time you install a new app it replaces the previous.

thats kinda silly :D

is this true even when the target provides its own ID (which we do)?

Well, since I haven't gotten gemrb to complete a build and install, so, I can't say. But I have explored the Info.plist for the apps that I have gotten to install (GBA4iOS for example), and the Bundle identifier is set to 'com.macbuildserver.helloapp'

Well, since I haven't gotten gemrb to complete a build and install, so, I can't say. But I have explored the Info.plist for the apps that I have gotten to install (GBA4iOS for example), and the Bundle identifier is set to 'com.macbuildserver.helloapp'

even after renaming the target?

macbuildserver offers very little options as the compilation appears to be done remotely. It simply takes a git repository read only url, reads in the repo, offers the option of what project and what version, and then compiles and signs. The app is then installed via the web interface.

macbuildserver offers very little options as the compilation appears to be done remotely. It simply takes a git repository read only url, reads in the repo, offers the option of what project and what version, and then compiles and signs. The app is then installed via the web interface.

I gathered that. I thought you would fork and rename...

Sorry for the slow reply.  I'm a bit reluctant to take any further steps until the build id issue is fixed as I'm forced to lose whatever other application I've recently built each time I install another app.  That and I don't even have a github account, let alone know how to fork, rename, and update (but am willing to figure it out).

they have fixed the issue with spaces in target names.

Edit: they lied to me, it still fails >_<

Edited by SyntaxError

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.