0.8 resting and healing point, game config

rem5

Hello,

Since I upgraded from 0.7.2 to 0.8 on linux (gentoo), I encounter different beheavior on two things :

- When I launch gemrb, it doesn't find the config file which is stored on .gemrb as it does with the 0.7.2. I have to specify the location. Gemrb or specific gentoo ebuild problem ?

- In game when I rest, I recover very low amount of healing point like 2 hen I rest outside and not much in tavern.. what can be the cause ?

- In game when I rest, I recover very low amount of healing point like 2 hen I rest outside and not much in tavern.. what can be the cause ?
The auto heal in the regular game is 1 HP per 8 complete rest time hours in the wilderness or in the taverns lowest costing room, the higher ones do give better healing rate, but not much... now, if you have a cleric/druid and to lesser extent the paladin and ranger, the healing spells should automatically be applied. Bards... well it depends on the AI and specific spells, but probably not.

Try running it through strace to see where it disagrees. I don't remember us removing any search paths.

As for healing, we don't have this "autocast healing spells on rest" implemented and were previously overhealing in some circumstances.

ok so this is the expected beheavior so resting is pretty useless for healing but just allow healing spell ?

extremly different from 0.7 were resting one or two times restored all heal point.

never played original bg before so can't compare but in 'sequel' nwn it was the same : heal point restored after resting

Archived