A Neophyte Observation & Question

Spider

This question is coming from a neophyte computer player who happens to be an old-school pen-and-paper player, so please bear with me. The neophyte portion of my statement deals more with the ruleset of the computer game, not the playing of the game.

Is there within the documentation for BG2 Tweaks, I'm installing version 11 just at this moment, a description of the changes that are being made to the game? What I'm getting at is that most of the selectors are foreign to me. I would like to know, for instance, when it asks the question: Make Bags of Holding Bottomless?; just what does this entail with the present game semantics vs. old-school rules?

I'm so serious about this that I would be willing to assist in the creating of a document or web page explaining it. I obviously do not know what the game is setup for, but I could certainly check my library of D&D rule books.

I would like to know, for instance, when it asks the question: Make Bags of Holding Bottomless?; just what does this entail with the present game semantics vs. old-school rules?
Erhm, in the semantics you might notice that the readme doesn't really say anything about much as far as the actuallity goes, but for example the "Bottomless" is actually false in a just a bit, the tweak actually makes the containers associated .sto files able to contain some 16000 items(if I remember correctly), this is so that, as if we went with the biggest figure(x2), the container would become trully bottomless and so much so the in game engine can deside to devour the inserted items(doe to a bug.... v8 patch note).

The best way I can explain is to demonstrate. Yes, the readme file says a lot, but as Jarno stated, it does not go into the underlying explanations. The install routine mystified me even after reading the read me file. Attached is something along the lines of what I'm getting at. I put some field notes in place, the green text. Placing all the values for the mage spell progression in one encompassing table explained a lot.

I would be willing to continue this for the impending release of version 12. The attached PDF still needs a lot of work amongst which I would include a clickable bookmark feature and a clickable table of contents. There are others thing needing to be done but 'til I get a go ahead, I'll leave well enough alone. This sort of thing is my bread and butter.

If this site is run by the Joomla CMS then the PDF can be viewed in place. If not I'm fairly certain that what ever CMS is being used also has an extension to do the same thing.

And since you chimed in CamDawg, can you please change my screen name to Boradordin. Neither am I getting notifications of new content being posted to threads I follow via e-mail. I both hate, despise and love CMS.

My file exceed the size limitations of the forum. It can be viewed here.

Archived