BGtutu

reddkey

I normally play BG2/IWD no reload games, but I thought I'd download BG1 and give it a whirl. I really can't play with that resolution, so, I did the tutu thing. Somehow,...It feels like I'm cheating. Does the game become faceroll if you use tutu?

If by faceroll you mean "an essentially derogatory concept some people employ that means that all that a certain class must do in order to achieve success in the game is to bind every key on their keyboard to one ability that is perceived to be overpowered, and then continue to roll their face across the keyboard", you can install difficulty mods for Tutu, such as Sword Coast Stratagems. Use non-beta version - it's supposed to be more stable.

Tutu does have the effect of making the game slightly easier, mostly because of the features from the BG2 engine that were not present in BG1: kits, dual-wielding/weapon styles. As Kulyok mentions, SCS can turn the tides back in the game's favour and easily exceed BG1's difficulty level depending on which components you install.

Thanks, and yes, that's what I meant by faceroll; which I'm not a fan of. However,...I mean it's not like I've finished BG2 either, when you play no reloads it is brutal. I guess a further option would be to self-restrict the classes and options I take to play the game. Still, dual-wield might be too tempting to just ignore. I will also check out the SCS, thanks again.

Archived