[OSX] [SOLVED] Cannot install v10 on new retina MBP

PROBLEM

This is probably because I am unfamiliar with the Mac OS.

I'm running 10.8.4 on a brand new rMBP and have used this wrapper to install my GOG SOA+TOB. The game runs fine, but I'd like to add the fixpack (v10). I used Unrarx 2.2 to extract the files. I then moved them into the contents of the .app wrapper where the BG2 folder is.

When I doubleclicked the command, at first I didn't have permission. Simple enough, I did a chmod u+x on foo.command and now it runs. But I get this error:

67:~ me$ /Applications/Baldurs\ Gate\ 2.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/GOG\ Games/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ 2/setup-bg2fixpack.command ; exit;
/Applications/Baldurs Gate 2.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/GOG Games/Baldur's Gate 2/setup-bg2fixpack.command: line 3: ./setup-bg2fixpack: Permission denied
logout

I found this older post about similar issues. I can't tell what has already been included in the new v10 package though. The command looks right, I'm not missing a file, but I get this error.

Could it have something to do with the files being inside the wrapper? Like I said, I'm at a loss and would be grateful for any help or suggestions.

SOLUTION

If you have a 64-bit Intel cpu, you need the latest beta, since version 231 and earlier are only compiled for PPC.

I had tried that. It turns that file into an executable file (in finder, at least) and I get this error instead:

67:~ Me$ /Applications/Baldurs\ Gate\ 2.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/GOG\ Games/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ 2/setup-bg2fixpack.command ; exit;
/Applications/Baldurs Gate 2.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/GOG Games/Baldur's Gate 2/setup-bg2fixpack.command: line 3: ./setup-bg2fixpack: [b]Bad CPU type in executable[/b]
logout
[Process completed]

The other forum post mentioned downloading weidu elsewhere and replacing the file and renaming but that link was broke. Will any weidu file do?

Archived