Spell/Combat protection mechanics

scorpio

Got it, thanks.

Power-level-wise, are Deflection and Greater Deflection similar? What I mean to ask is, is the following correct:

Spell Thrust --> removes only Minor Spell Deflection and Minor GoI

Secret Word, Pierce Magic, Warding Whip --> removes Spell Deflection, GoI, and Greater Spell Deflection

Ruby Ray, Pierce Shield, Spellstrike --> removes Spell Trap

Got it, thanks.

Power-level-wise, are Deflection and Greater Deflection similar? What I mean to ask is, is the following correct:

Spell Thrust --> removes only Minor Spell Deflection and Minor GoI

Secret Word, Pierce Magic, Warding Whip --> removes Spell Deflection, GoI, and Greater Spell Deflection

Ruby Ray, Pierce Shield, Spellstrike --> removes Spell Trap

Yes, it's correct. ST has an AoE (it's kind of perfect to remove Spell Shields from clumped mages)

I'm kind of waiting for Demi to get back so we can "finalize" the spell protection/removals mechanic.

I'm sailing back to Italy man, 36-40 hours and we'll mod together again. ;)

Woo-hooo! Safe sails.

It's on my to-do list (I promised to do this to two people at least).

I'm kind of waiting for Demi to get back so we can "finalize" the spell protection/removals mechanic.

G-hmm, we are still waiting you/Demi/Mike/someone to open a topic with the correct info at post one, preferebly set so that the info is legit for per version bases too(v1, v2, v3, preluminary v4), that Demi can pin up about this.

It's on my to-do list (I promised to do this to two people at least).

G-hmm, we are still waiting you/Demi/Mike/someone to open a topic with the correct info at post one, preferebly set so that the info is legit for per version bases too(v1, v2, v3, preluminary v4), that Demi can pin up about this.

I'll be done with it by Friday; provided Demi says that the anti-magic shebang currenty in use is final. For v4 only, I don't even have v1 and v2, and v3 is mostly like vanilla anyway. I don't even know why someone would use old(er) versions since v4 is a blast.

Since I'm such a cool guy, I'll add an recommended install setup with SCS and Refinements. :)

I'll be done with it by Friday; provided Demi says that the anti-magic shebang currenty in use is final.

Cool. I don't expect radical changes unless your work itself points out major flaws of the current mechanic.

I'm still trying to figure out how to make Spell Trap more unique and powerful while preventing the infinite spells exploit, but it' not a big deal. There's also a recent talk about making Dispel Magic single target, but I'm not yet convinced by it, and even if we go for it that would not change the 'protections vs removals' table.

I don't even know why someone would use old(er) versions since v4 is a blast.

Because v4 is not generally available to people. :p

But yeah I agree, v4 is amazing, so much better than prior version that I'm not even coding in compatibility with v3 into my mod(s). I'm just telling players "as soon as you can get your hands on SRv4, use that!"

Archived