Increased Staying Power: Elemental Princes

One thing I thought would be nice would be to give "increased staying power" (i.e. more HPs) to the Elemental Princes. It's already an option for Celestials (i.e. Solars and Devas, as far as I know), and I think it would make a nice option to have a similar option for the Elemental Princes too.

Granted, only a very small number of high-level druids exist in the game, so I think this would be less a difficulty mod and more of a mod to make PC Druids (and poor Cernd) more viable in the SCS environment. Druids are one of the weakest base classes (maybe *the* weakest, actually) and letting the Princes stay around to serve out their entire 10-round lifespan would be a nice benefit to perhaps make SCS players more willing to try a druid for the challenge.

Try installing aTweaks. It goes after SCS anyway, so you don't have to reinstall SCS (takes ages). It changes a lot of things in how Elementals work (along with other tweaks), it also buffs up Undead, Demons, Mephits and Fey creatures, per your preferences.

Just be careful around Druids if you install PnP Elementals....these become serious oponnents, capable of wiping out careless parties.

Another mod which changes Elemental Princes is Refinements.

aTweaks seems a little intenst

What does "intenst" mean?

but Refinements looks super cool and seems to allow partial installs. Might try that.

They both allow for partial installs, but you'll need "revised Elementals" if you want "revised Elemental Princes" with aTweaks.

As for looking cool, I don't think Refinements match up to this for example. They're both very nice mods, however.

I meant "intense"... just a lot of changes going on and it's hard to keep track of everything that's changing. Refinements looks like it's basically new HLAs (which mostly seem well thought out, although the mage and sorceror HLAs read as incredibly overpowered, and perhaps Barbarian too), armor rules, and the Elemental Prince refinements. Everything else is pretty minor.

Just did a side-by-side of Refinements to vanilla for the princes, i.e. Sunnis. Notable differences...

...that make the original better:

better AC by 3

higher STR by 1 (thus +1 to hit and +2 to damage)

75 fire resist versus 45 in Refinements

40 cold resist versus 20 in Refinements

70 magic resist versus 60 in Refinements

Stoneskin ability

Immunity to +2 weapons

...that make Refinements better

30 electricity resist versus 0 in vanilla

50 acid damage versus 40 in vanilla

1HP/sec regeneration versus 0 in vanilla

Fists strike as +4, versus +3 in vanilla

Gate Minions ability

Teleport ability

2 castings of Stone to Flesh

30/30/20/30 Slash/Pierce/Crush/Missile resistance versus 0 in vanilla

I guess because of the Gate Minions ability, I'd give the advantage here to the Refinements version as "better", but it's really pretty close... I originally didn't install this because I thought it would be a little overpowered, but I think that sentiment is incorrect.

Also, with aTweaks, I don't see anything in the Readme about Elementals. Is this a part of the Fiends component? The Fey component?

Archived