Stretched graphics / WS help (BG)

NocturneN

Hey guys, coming back to Baldur's Gate after a format of my C:\ drive I noticed something wierd with the graphics; the black borders I had before are gone, and the game appears stretched all over my screen... I've never bothered with the Widescreen mod before, becuase the game looked good in 1024x768 without it. Yes I had black borders at the edges, but I honestly never even NOTICED them until I found myself in a thread discussing Widescreen options over on Gamebanshee!

So I went and dled the WS mod hoping that'd solve it, but no matter what resolution I choose, the game appears stretched... My monitor normally is 1680x1050, but the game becomes too small for my tastes with those measurements... So I was just wondering if anyone has any advice (either to get the original pre-format behavior back or a resolution that works well for BG!) in this matter. :)

So you can't just go and use the 1024x576 for example ? Or 1280x720, 1360x768 or any that uses the 16:9 aspect ration, the ones I gave are the ones you should be able to use, and smaller than the default resolution, and NO, you don't wish to play in a window mode ... go to your monitor settings and check out which resolutions you get... same with the Windows desktop.

Just saw this the other day... that solution simplified is to remove the auto stretch/extra_space_usage feature that the GPU makes, but that's a rare case.

1024x576 etc makes the screen appear off center and 75% of the interface becomes un-reachable. :D However I followed your link and checking the box for "ignore scaling settings from games & programs" seems to have done the trick! It has brought the black borders back which is ironically the way I want it. ^^ Thanks again Jarno. :)

Archived