Baldur's Gate II Tweak Pack v13 Available for Download

CamDawg

The BG2 Tweak Pack is a WeiDU compilation of fixes, cosmetic changes, and tweaks. Some of these were fan requests, others are needed fixes, and others simply make dealing with the more irritating aspects of the game engine easier. Each component can be installed separately so the player can pick and choose only which ones they wish to install. Version 12 introduces the Two-Handed Axes and Sensible Entrance Point tweaks as well as some bug fixes.

July 21 Update: v13 now available, with a new French translation, new bug fix, and compatibility updates.

v13 Changelog:

• Unlimited Jewelry and Gem Stacks was not installing on BGT/Tutu/BGEE games due to a typo
  • Sensible Entrance Points will now detect Romantic Encounters and Ajantis BG2 and adjust them accordingly for the new NORH map
  • Updated French translation thanks to Isaya

v12 Changelog:

• Added two new components: Two-Handed Axes and Sensible Entrance Points
  • Unlimited Jewelry and Gem Stacks now alters the Nashkel shopkeep to take the Winter Wolf pelts one at a time instead of the whole stack (only applies to Tutu/BGT/BGEE games)
  • Shapeshifter Rebalancing will now add the new druid-available spells to joinable NPC spellbooks, precluding the wait for a level-up for them to become available
  • Alter Weapon Proficiency System: Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies should now be a lot more dynamic and (hopefully) work in other languages. This should also solve the bug of ninja-tos not getting their descriptions updated on BGEE.
  • Fixed a bug where two High Watcher Oisigs could spawn in the Multiple Strongholds: No Restrictions component
  • Various components now better account for new BGEE 2da files
  • Cespenar and Cromwell now account for the alternate items in the various two-handed weapon components and the P&P protection items
  • Exotic Item Component now adds Power Word: Sleep again

Version 13 is now available; changelog is in the OP.

Please find enclosed a translation update for French language, which was a versions behind.

File description_updates.tra is included, component "Description updates for consistent +x/+y weapons" can now be made available to French language.

Thank you very much.

Thanks Isaya, this made it into v13.

Love the Tweak pack, I'm having a rather game-breaking issue with it though :(

I recently installed the tweak pack, and every time I start a new game, if I even attempt to give my main (or any other NPC) an off-hand weapon, the game immediately crashes. I imported from BG:EE, could this be causing the issue?

Also, it does not say how to upgrade from older version of the tweakpack to latest one (for example, v12 to v13).
Well you usually can do that to only the last mod you have installed... by uninstalling it and then you clean the game folder from the left over files(setup-*modname*.tp2, setup-*modname*.exe & *modname* -folder) and then extract the new version on there and then install it... and the important part is, Start a new game, as the old save games won't be compatible.

... or for more mods... you can just uninstall the whole game, then throw away the game folder and reinstall and then install the mods. You can shorten the project time by making a backup from a point of intrest, say after installing the game patch(or a specific mod composition) by copying the game folder and keeping it safe and then just deleting the game folder and extracting the backup to as the game folder... but this takes space.

What if I am feeling adventurous? Or is it really that risky?

Are we talking 90% to corrupt the game? 10%?

Well, it depends on the mod and how much you have played the game... if you go and install something like the Item Revision ... then all your items in your inventory(after a loading a old savegame) will probably have the old descriptions. Now if you go and uninstall that mod while having made a new game after installing that and played a bit more, and then say you install a new mod with dialog in it, all your items can possibly have a lot of dialog as the item names etc in the loaded savegame.

Now you can of course go and throw away those items and cheat in new with the Console, you can take the risk, but know that you might cause a lot of those things yourself.

These are the mild versions... there are worse, like saying a guest givers dialog get's scrambled by a item descriptions... meaning that there's no recovery for that mission... it's not irrevocable even then, but at worse it can be very hard to even know where to start the fixing process.

Hello people, i just downloaded the gog.version of bg2 and would like to play a shapeshifter so the tweakpack would be very helpfull right?

The only problem is - i have a mac and will use a wineskin wrapper to play, that leaves me wondering how to instal the tweakpack and which version to install - mac or windows?

Thanks for your help time or suggestions where to look for an answer

Just a quick question here, as I can't seem to find the answer for it:

If the level cap is removed how does this change the level progression charts, if at all? Particularly the Thief one, given that seem to arbitrarly jump up significantly to cap the player at 40?

If the level cap is removed how does this change the level progression charts, if at all? Particularly the Thief one, given that seem to arbitrarly jump up significantly to cap the player at 40?

Well, depends on which tweak you use... if you use the rustic -1 on the xpcap.2da, then it just gives you the opportunity to level up to 41... but usually the tweaks come with their own level 50 rules, which actually dictate the XP requirements ... yeah, the readme doesn't actually say what tables are used by this mod. .. while the other mods do.

The artificial jumps at level 40 are removed, progression smoothed out, and allow for progression to level 50. Thieves will require 220k per level from level 11 out to 8.9M for level 50.

Archived