How do I make my mod BG:EE compatible?

jastey

I think the main question when you think about compatibility with the new engine is, am I going to permit installation of my mod on a EE or am I going to make the mod with EE in mind? Because the number one difference is in effects and script actions that exist for the new engine but not for the old. If you don't intend to use them and basically make an old-style mod, then the other advice here is good for you, and you just need some installation tweaks for Weidu. If you do want those features, then the whole table turns and you must announce in your mod's description that EE is required, and then you are free to look in the G3 guide for the EE sections and draw directly from there. You can look up string numbers in Near Infinity for BGEE as well, the only eventuality you should take heed of is installation on an Enhanced Edition Trilogy. For that you'll need separate sections in the tp2 file with !GAME_IS ~eet~ and GAME_IS ~eet~; Trilogy strings have the original numbers + 200000, and Trilogy areas for the first game start with "BG" instead of "AR," so you'll need to decompile and patch all of your dialogues and scripts that refer to areas. Other than this, you can look directly in Near Infinity and use all of the latest Weidu features. There is no point even to keeping a "classic" game installed in that case.