Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jarrakul

[solved] Missing strings

Recommended Posts

Hi. First off, I just wanted to say thanks for doing this mod. I love the IWD spell list in particular, and adding it to Baldur's Gate is just awesome.

 

That said, I'm having some problems, and I was wondering if you had any idea what might be causing them. Specifically, all the in-game text that I've seen so far has either been replaced by a missing string error or just left blank. I can confirm that is is true for the new 1st level spells and for the two-handed axe that Winthrop sells, and I suspect it's true of all the text in the mod (I haven't tested fully, let me know if you'd like me to check something else).

 

I'm running BGEE on Windows 7 64 bit, and the problem persists even if no other mods are currently installed. I think I'm up to date on my versions of everything, and I've tried reinstalling IWDification multiple times. Any ideas?

 

Thanks for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
and I've tried reinstalling IWDification multiple times. Any ideas?
Well, first of all, when you install and uninstall you need to know you need to start a new game after you have done installing the mods, as without that the text is really screwy... did you do that ?

The next thing is, installing the mods to a BG:EE ... and make sure you update the game before you install the mods, then do that and then start the new game(do not load an old save).

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, there's something screwy going on with the tlk file here, but I can't really say what. I'd strongly recommend hardlinking the tlk file as noted in Jarno's link, as its pretty much the most reliable method we have at the moment.

 

WeiDU (at least until we get a new version) will always add strings to the local tlk, while the (EE) game will actually use the lang/en_us one (or whatever your language is). What's going on here is that WeiDU's writing the strings to the local tlk, but they're not getting to the one in your lang folder. When you hardlink, these two tlk files become the same.

Share this post


Link to post

Oh right, the hardlink thing. You know, I did that once before, and I just assumed it was still hardlinked, but in my head I'm starting to see the paths that led to the hardlink's undoing. In any case, remaking the hardlink seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for the help. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...