Version 24(BETA) of Sword Coast Stratagems released

DavidW

For example, "bg2 saving throws repeated bug." But I shouldn't have posted that. This is a very active and very helpful community for how old the game is, and I was being impatient.
And today if you make a google search for that exact phrase, you still won't find a single google match :rolleyes: ... this is because the google takes the quote marks far more seriously than you, and the dots etc... don't be an idiot and use them as one.

I did the search without the quotes. I know how exact-phrase search works in Google, thanks buddy.

ERROR: Failure("IPLOT01K.ITM: read out of bounds (GET_OFFSET_ARRAY)")

IPLOT01K is a 0-byte item, so any read will be out of bounds. The difference in this case is probably that e.g., the Fixpack disables these invalid files, while EasyTutu doesn't.

Seems I have really bad luck with deciding where to post bugs--I encountered a bug yesterday and posted it in the megamod forum; turns out it appears to be a bug with SCS 24.

AR0021.ARE is messed up, causes CTD. More here: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56596-assertion-failed-cgameareacpp-line-5504-trying-to-enter-crooked-crane/

Edit: As suggested by lollorian, here's a zip including 3 versions of AR0021.ARE. the one with extension .NINDE is found in the ninde mod's backup folder; the one that's .SCS is found in stratagem's backup folder (this is the one that no longer crashes); and the .GENBIFF one is found in generalized biffing's backup folder.

ar0021 bug.zip

C:\Program Files\BaldursGateTutu\

C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate 2

Why ouh why have you installed the games to those folders ? It's like you have never actually used a Windows past the XP SP2 update ... cause you have to install all games out of that cheesed section of the computer cause the Windows protects it with read only placement...

That and the failure to include the whole of the makes the cause of the error hard to pinpoint, without more info... it could be as simple as the Windows just protecting the file by mirroring it to your profile folders AppData -sub folders from where the Weidu can't find it cause it's a basically a dos -command line interface, or something totally unrelated.

I have reinstalled BG and Tutu to different folders according the advices mentined in the link. It didn´t help. Still the same error. I would like to post the whole debug files but it seems that I don´t have a right to post a file here or I´m completly stupid and can´t find a way to do it. The debug is too big to just copy it here.

The debug is too big to just copy it here.
Erhm, open the file with Notepad and copy-paste usually works... even if you need to use multiple post to give the whole content, as it's the way the SCS today is installed that's the problem for the post letter count.

Seems I have really bad luck with deciding where to post bugs--I encountered a bug yesterday and posted it in the megamod forum; turns out it appears to be a bug with SCS 24.
There's a reason why the Megamod forum exists in the SHS, and if you read my FAQ, it should give the tools you need to get to the bottom of nearly every problem you can have in your install, so the purpose is that it can give you clues that will guide to where you need to post...

I´m sorry for a confusion which I´m causing. My knowledges of BG modding are null, I´m just a consumer.

Is this what you need?

Appending to files ...

[stratagems_external/workspace/item_stats.2da] loaded, 16023 bytes

Appending [iNVULNER.itm 318 1 DW_ITEM_SLAY 101 n g...] to [stratagems_external/workspace/item_stats.2da] because it does NOT contain [%to_add%]

Appended text to [stratagems_external/workspace/item_stats.2da]

[./override/IOTYUGH.ITM] loaded, 362 bytes

[./override/IPLAT01.ITM] loaded, 594 bytes

[./override/IPLOT01K.ITM] loaded, 0 bytes

ERROR: illegal 4-byte read from offset 106 of 0-byte file IPLOT01K.ITM

ERROR: [iPLOT01K.ITM] -> [override/IPLOT01K.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("IPLOT01K.ITM: read out of bounds (GET_OFFSET_ARRAY)"))

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [initialise mod (all other components require this)], rolling back to previous state

Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/1000/OTHER.1000]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/1000/OTHER.1000")

[stratagems_external/backup/1000/UNSETSTR.1000] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Will uninstall 4292 files for [stratagems\setup-stratagems.tp2] component 1000.

Restoring backed-up [stratagems_external/backup/1000/CHITIN.KEY]

AR0021.ARE is messed up, causes CTD. More here: http://www.shsforums...-crooked-crane/

Edit: As suggested by lollorian, here's a zip including 3 versions of AR0021.ARE. the one with extension .NINDE is found in the ninde mod's backup folder; the one that's .SCS is found in stratagem's backup folder (this is the one that no longer crashes); and the .GENBIFF one is found in generalized biffing's backup folder.

Looks like the lich's hole in the wall in the Crooked Crane produces the same issue. Reverting to the pre-SCS one fixes it. Here's the zip of the pre-SCS one (named .SCS), and the post-SCS/pre-generalized biffing one (named.GENBIFF).

ar0082 bug.zip

If the latest SCS is installed together with SR and the weaken insect plague component is chosen then casting insect plague and creeping doom will cause an infinite loop that will freeze the game. Tried installing only SCS and the spell works as expected then.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/undhtglp57y7jiu/Insect_Plague.7z includes SPPR517b.spl from SCS with and without SR installed together with a changelog showing that the only mod to change the SR version of the spell is SCS.

CTD at outdoors de'Arnise hold.

ASSERTION FAILED!

File: ObjCreature.cpp

Line: 12162

Exp: pCreature != NULL && creatureSize > 0

Okay the problem consistently appears when I get close to the troll group at #8 below.

dearnise-keep-outside.jpg

I've seen regular trolls, spirit trolls, spectral trolls, the ice troll--none of those are the problem. I also looked in NI and saw that SCS spawns an invisible "spy" creature that runs a script (DW#SPNTR.BCS) to spawn various packs of trolls. Also I opened up darnise.tpa (from /tactical_bg2). So I consoled in all creatures mentioned in either file, and none of these caused a crash:

pptroll1

pptroll2

icyuan01 through icyuan05 (06 doesn't exist)

trolsi01

trolsp01

trolic01

troll01

dw#icyua

I have no idea what's going on.

More here: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56615-ctd-at-dearnise-outdoors/

I´ve found that my installation problem was caused by presence of Tutufix_v18. Without it the installation proceeded but then I have the following error during the installation of smarter general AI:

./override/_asloisu.cre] loaded, 1116 bytes

Copying and patching 1 file ...

[./override/_asloisu.cre] loaded, 1116 bytes

Copying and patching 1 file ...

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'

Resource [_dogwasu.cre] not found in KEY file:

[./chitin.key]

ERROR Installing [smarter general AI], rolling back to previous state

Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/6000/OTHER.6000]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/6000/OTHER.6000")

[stratagems_external/backup/6000/UNSETSTR.6000] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

I'm really infesting this thread, sorry for being a pain, but I'm just reporting what I'm seeing. Here's something very minor that's probably SCS v24's fault: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56628-enemies-randomly-yell-out-line-from-buried-alive-quest-when-im-fighting-them/

I opened up MINDAL01.CRE and its associated DW#ALHOO.BCS, and I found that misplaced dialogue line repeated in various DisplayString calls. Probably happens in lots of other mage scripts.

Not sure you're aware, but SR replaces Gate with Summon Death Knight. Unfortunately, something clearly didn't go right and I still have Gate. Except I think maybe it's summoning the enemy mages' demon, because he immediately dispels magic on my group (which dispelled Prot Evil, not that it matters, didn't seem to stop him) and goes to town on me. No enemies present, I was buffing.

P.S. I think I actually prefer SCS Gate over SR Summon Death Knight; is there a way to make it an option to keep this type of Fiend summoning rather than SR's replacement spell? I think SR maybe got too cute and removed an iconic BG2 ability for balance reasons, but I prefer SCS's solving the balance issue by differentiating enemy and friendly demons.

Archived