Version 24(BETA) of Sword Coast Stratagems released

DavidW

Any fixes for all these CTD's (Crooked Crane, D'Arnese Keep)?

CTD at outdoors de'Arnise hold.

ASSERTION FAILED!

File: ObjCreature.cpp

Line: 12162

Exp: pCreature != NULL && creatureSize > 0

Okay the problem consistently appears when I get close to the troll group at #8 below.

dearnise-keep-outside.jpg

I've seen regular trolls, spirit trolls, spectral trolls, the ice troll--none of those are the problem. I also looked in NI and saw that SCS spawns an invisible "spy" creature that runs a script (DW#SPNTR.BCS) to spawn various packs of trolls. Also I opened up darnise.tpa (from /tactical_bg2). So I consoled in all creatures mentioned in either file, and none of these caused a crash:

pptroll1

pptroll2

icyuan01 through icyuan05 (06 doesn't exist)

trolsi01

trolsp01

trolic01

troll01

dw#icyua

I have no idea what's going on.

More here: http://www.shsforums...rnise-outdoors/

@kreso: I'm not having the issue with low-level mages dropping Superior Healing. I've only seen them on mages that can cast Time Stop. Also werewolves don't drop free action rings for me. Maybe compare our weidu logs, see where the problem lies?

Any fixes for all these CTD's (Crooked Crane, D'Arnese Keep)?

The crooked crane one works if I replace the .ARE file with the backup version in the SCS folder. The De'Arnise keep one I just kept reloading until the randomized script didn't spawn the problematic creature. It seemed like most packs had a low chance of generating the CTDer, but that specific one had an 80+% chance of spawning it. Eventually it didn't though, so I cleared it. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I think DavidW is on vacation so we're all waiting for the bugfixes when he gets back.

@kreso: I'm not having the issue with low-level mages dropping Superior Healing.

Only Daveorn, no other seems to have this potion in BG1. For me it happened approx 4 out of 6 times I've met him. I'd prefer him dropping Stoneskin, actually. :D

Also werewolves don't drop free action rings for me.

Not all random werevolves, just 3 of them - Kaishas on Balduran Island exit, Baresh and his boss, I forgot his name (kaishwlf.cre, barwlf.cre). From change log:

Mods affecting kaishwlf.cre:

BGT -Core

BG1 UB - Creature name restorations

Stratagems - Initialize mod

Stratagems - Smarter general AI

Stratagems - Improved Balduran's Isle

P.S.

For Davaeorn - I've checked him via Shadowkeeper. He has the following items:

Head - Flickering White Ioun Stone (exotic Items pack)

Body - Traveller's robe

Ring - Ring of Free Action (mage05.itm)

Weapon 1 - Quarterstaff

Quick item 1 - bracers of defense AC 6

Quick item 2 - Robe of the Evil Archmagi

Quick item 3 - Grease scroll

Inventory - 3 letters, Key to river plug, scrolls of Shield, Prot Petrification and Prot Evil.

And 2 "Fire Agate Gem" items - DW#Area and DW#Deseq.

+ 2 empty spaces for random treasure - RNDTRE14, RNDTRE26.

For BG2: In Planar Prison, Warden's script appears to be broken - after destroying the orb, he kills thralls with Finger of Death spells. Once approached, he starts his conversation, casts Mantle + Sunfire and after that stands idle.

The De'Arnise keep one I just kept reloading until the randomized script didn't spawn the problematic creature. It seemed like most packs had a low chance of generating the CTDer, but that specific one had an 80+% chance of spawning it.

I also get CTD here. A large number of trolls and Ice trolls spawned, then CTD.

The crooked crane one works if I replace the .ARE file with the backup version in the SCS folder. The De'Arnise keep one I just kept reloading until the randomized script didn't spawn the problematic creature. It seemed like most packs had a low chance of generating the CTDer, but that specific one had an 80+% chance of spawning it. Eventually it didn't though, so I cleared it. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I think DavidW is on vacation so we're all waiting for the bugfixes when he gets back.

Alright, thanks mate. I guess that'll have to do for now.

For BG2: In Planar Prison, Warden's script appears to be broken - after destroying the orb, he kills thralls with Finger of Death spells. Once approached, he starts his conversation, casts Mantle + Sunfire and after that stands idle.

Hm... about to finish up a new install of BGT, first time using the new combined Strategems. Hopefully I can install fixes (maybe NI them) when they come out without having to uninstall/reinstall a new version and start the game over again down the road. *crosses fingers*

Found another CTD in the Sahuagin City. May be related to the one in the Temple Sewers. One of the rebel Priestesses (SAHRAMB3.CRE) casts it. Pretty sure it's a Necromancy spell due to the animation. Looked at what she can cast in NI, the ones that make sense are Create Undead and Cause Mortal Wounds. The former works fine if I cast it, the latter I can't cast because it's, um, not a real spell? The only reference google could find was on an old SR v2.9 thread.

If I interrupt her then obviously I avoid the CTD.

Found another CTD in the Sahuagin City. May be related to the one in the Temple Sewers. One of the rebel Priestesses (SAHRAMB3.CRE) casts it. Pretty sure it's a Necromancy spell due to the animation. Looked at what she can cast in NI, the ones that make sense are Create Undead and Cause Mortal Wounds. The former works fine if I cast it, the latter I can't cast because it's, um, not a real spell? The only reference google could find was on an old SR v2.9 thread.

If I interrupt her then obviously I avoid the CTD.

It's probably the same issue I have with Drow casting this particular Necromancy summon. Imo, it SR Create Undead spell causing this.

P.S.

Can somebody else confirm that imp.Bodhi component doesn't get installed even if chosen? I'm afraid I might have left out Imp.Vampires from that particular install, which is a must if you want Bodhi....could be a wrong report on my account, not a SCS issue.

Those are both SR-added spells. It would be helpful if someone could ascertain whether it's a problem with SR per se or a compatibility issue.
I'll test them tomorrow morning and report back, but I'm almost sure the spells per se are fine. Just so I know, isn't SCS using Create Undead since at least a couple of versions without issues?

@ancalimohtar, Cause Mortal Wounds is a placeholder for the original Cause Serious Wounds, which was a 5th level spell in vanilla. It's a fully working spell only to avoid issues in case any AI script uses it but it should actually not exist. Speaking of which, @DavidW is SCS willingly using that spell?

Archived