Finishing off the opponents

Bearwere

Your point is valid. My point (where this thread started from) is that in almost any imaginable situation (in almost any situation I've been in, anyway) killing a helpless enemy increases the chance of success.

At the risk of repetition, this does not match my own in-game experience.

I think I should add that gameplay design concepts which involve inflicting long-lasting penalties upon the player for minute mistakes have been dying out since the decade ago when the player death as a result of combat had been replaced with unconcsciousness until the end of encounter.

I think I should add that gameplay design concepts which involve inflicting long-lasting penalties upon the player for minute mistakes have been dying out since the decade ago when the player death as a result of combat had been replaced with unconcsciousness until the end of encounter.

Quite - as I think I said above somewhere, I'm very convinced that on general enjoyability grounds the SCS behaviour would be better even if it did have a mild tactical disadvantage for the bad guys. The fact that I think it's strategically defensible on its own terms is just gravy.

Archived