v8 bug reports

Well I guess I'm talking pure guff. TotLM comes part and parcel of the GoG version, just as a test I loaded up a savegame, entered HoW and started the trial with Mr Stubbletoes.

I'm going to install V7 to see if that fixes my Lysan issue, I suspect a variable issue though which means my save game is probably stuffed.

Edited by decado

@ decado - TotLM may come with the GoG version, but it's an optional install.

Finished Upper Dorn's with no other problem than the bad description of the potion in Bandoth's store. I was even able to return to talk to him after finishing off Terikan. I'm in Wyrm's Tooth now, having just finished the Aquarium, and have encountered only one problem so far. I gave the key to Gareth, everyone left, went down to the Temple of Dugmaren and fought the trolls there, but when I went up to the Aquarium proper nothing happened. Every troll, ice salamander and winter wolf was still neutral, unaware I'd just released the slaves...

Finished Wyrm's Tooth without further problems. I entered Lower Dorn's and had some graphic slowdown problems until most of the fire salamanders were killed. The only other problem so far is in the Gnome Refuge Camp (AR8004). Beorn moves only a little way toward the Temple and stops, and "has nothing to say" to me so I can't get the Guello quest...

Finished the Fallen Temple, most of Marketh's Palace (waiting for Ginafae to switch rings) and the Artisan District (preparing to deal with Malavon). The only problem I ran into was the umber hulk ambush that gains access to Pale Justice. It didn't trigger, probably a result of the Voice component of IWD UB (I thought this bug was taken care of...).

Finally finished Malavon. Two bugs found. It seems one of Malavon's protection spells is already active when I entered (a glowing globe with no one inside it) and the golems failed to attack once their Cloudkills were released, even while the party was disassembling them.

One last item, I encountered Durdel Anatha again, and again he left his bones...

Finished Lower Dorn's, and getting ready to confront RBP now. I have two items, both relate to mods, not the game.

Studded Leather of Resistance +3 disabled my bard's spells, even though the Arcane Casting in Heavy Armor tweak is installed. Is BG2 Tweaks updated for IWD1 equipment?

I could not give the Voices Bones to Sister Calliana to fulfill his last wishes. There was no dialog option, and later when I talked to the Brother in the Fallen Temple he summoned the Voice...again. That's 3 Voices Bones I've now collected... Looks like the globals are amiss.

Finished the main game with two more items of note.

False Pomabs - I could injure them all to barely injured, but none disappeared. I was able to kill Pomab with melee weapons, but the false Pomabs remained even after his death. I had to use the Kill hot key on them to continue the game.

When Belhifet finally fell and I finally returned to the main menu there was no cursor to select anything.

Now on to Heart of Winter.

Just finished the Burial Isle. The speed of the Drowned Dead and Barrow Wights needs to be checked (too fast and too slow, respectively).

Also Vexed Armor cannot be worn by bard, mage/thief or fighter/mage, though Arcane Casting in Heavy Armor is installed.

Now for the Gloomfrost...

Gloomfrost, Hengorot and Lonelywood are now finished and I'm off to the Sea of Moving Ice. The only problems found are with mods.

Winter King's Plate, Full Plate +1, Plate +1 and Chain +2 (from Tiernon) doesn't appear to be modified by the "Arcane Casting in Heavy Armor."

Kieren took Cynicism and an Emotion: Hope scroll, but didn't return the modified blade "Gloom."

Finally finished the Sea of Moving Ice and HoW.

AR9602 - The altar near Xactile had two Mourner's Armor.

AR9603 - I had 3 CTD's before I finished the battle that starts with the Ice Golems, none after.

AR9604 - The game froze with the cutscene of the dragon's soul moving to the gem. I believe it was a failed animation since it ran properly when I reran the battle.

I could not start the Trials of the Luremaster. It seems Hobart's DLG file has no dialog text in it, thus making that expansion unplayable. When I talked to him the dialog window would open, but with nothing there the game froze...

Just to be sure it wasn't a mod that hosed Hobart's DLG file I reinstalled IWD-in-BG2 v8. Nothing more. The file comes up empty of dialog (even though the sets and calls and triggers are there and in the proper places). Definitely a converter problem.

Can't get Lysan to show up in the Yeti caves. This is my first time playing I.w.d. and I don't want no spoilers.

But multiple tries and multiple saves. I leave kresslacks tomb after saying I will deal with her and she never spons...thus I can't progress.

How can I spawn her?

Thinking about performing a full re-install.

Thieving skills: I see only four, and it won't scroll to show any more. Is this intentional, using IWD1 instead of BG2 skills? If so you should also reset the skill points gained from 25 to 20 per level.

Details window: It doesn't scroll, showing only part of the information. The rest is somewhere outside the window.

It seems the scrollbars are mismatched.

The scrollbar next to the thieving skills scrolls the description text, and the scrollbar next to the description text scrolls the thieving skills... ;)

Can't get Lysan to show up in the Yeti caves. This is my first time playing I.w.d. and I don't want no spoilers.

But multiple tries and multiple saves. I leave kresslacks tomb after saying I will deal with her and she never spons...thus I can't progress.

How can I spawn her?

Thinking about performing a full re-install.

I had the same issue which I couldn't resolve. A full re-install and tons of playing with triggers achieved nothing. I ended up abandoning the game.

Grogerson, I can access TotL which is odd.