v8 bug reports

Can't get Lysan to show up in the Yeti caves. This is my first time playing I.w.d. and I don't want no spoilers.

But multiple tries and multiple saves. I leave kresslacks tomb after saying I will deal with her and she never spons...thus I can't progress.

How can I spawn her?

Thinking about performing a full re-install.

I just completed the Vale of Shadows with IWD-in-BG2 v8, and Lysan spawned just fine.

One thing to note is that she stands in the back of the cave, so you won't see her upon entering unless your walk towards her.

In my installation, the relevant part in the area script (AR3001.BCS) reads:

IF
Global("KRESS_QUEST","GLOBAL",3)
!Global("#HIDDENS_vslysan","MYAREA",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobal("#HIDDENS_vslysan","MYAREA",1)
	CreateCreature("#3001h6",[474.402],0) // Lysan - Priestess
	Continue()
END

And her character script (VSLYSAN.BCS) has:

IF
!Global("SPRITE_IS_DEADLYSAN","GLOBAL",0)
!StateCheck(Myself,STATE_REALLY_DEAD)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	DestroySelf()
END

So if she does not spawn, try this before entering the cave:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("KRESS_QUEST","GLOBAL",3)
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("#HIDDENS_vslysan","AR3001",0)
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADLYSAN","GLOBAL",0)

Or if nothing helps, force-spawn her:

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("#3001h6")

If none of that works, use NearInfinity to check the scripts on your local installation, if they are different from what I quoted above.

Grogerson, I can access TotL which is odd.

How did you access TotLM, if you didn't get past Lysian (or so it sounds in your post)? Several reinstalls and Hobart's dialog was always empty, and that means every time I talk to him or he to me the game will freeze. And his conversations set several necessary Globals.

Grogerson, I can access TotL which is odd.

How did you access TotLM, if you didn't get past Lysian (or so it sounds in your post)? Several reinstalls and Hobart's dialog was always empty, and that means every time I talk to him or he to me the game will freeze. And his conversations set several necessary Globals.

I can access Kuldahar though and through there HoW and from there TotLM.

AR5202 - [...] The ambush in the northern chamber failed to trigger.

AR5203 - [...] The second in the northwest of the outer ring failed to trigger.

Confirmed. (Although you've got a typo in the area numbers, the correct codes are AR5002 and AR5003.)

Both those ambushes use the second ":AREA_GROUP_VAR" bit to check whether they've been triggered, and both use the trigger script GNTRAP2Q.BCS. However, in that script, IWD-in-BG2 converts this action:

BitGlobal(":AREA_GROUP_VAR","MYAREA",2,OR)

...into this:

SetGlobal("AREA_GROUP_VARBit1","MYAREA",2)

...when it should be converting it into this:

SetGlobal("AREA_GROUP_VARBit2","MYAREA",1)

(i.e. the two numbers should be flipped.)

I've confirmed that manually executing CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("AREA_GROUP_VARBit2","AR5002",1) made the ambush appear. (Although of course this does nothing to fix the blinking problem that affects all ambushes - that seems to be a separate, and more complicated, issue that I'm still trying to investigate.)

I've briefly looked at other places where the action...

BitGlobal(S:String1*,S:String2*,I:Value,I:Mode*BitMode)

...is used in the original IWD scripts, and the general pattern appears to be that IWD-in-BG2 converts it incorrectly when Value is a power-of-two and at the same time Mode is OR, but otherwise converts it correctly. But I haven't looked more deeply at those other occurrences, so take this generalization with a grain of salt.

Hi there, hoping someone can help with this... I have searched on this forum as well as others and have found a few places where folks have had the same issue (Lysan is not showing up in the Yetti Cave). I have IWD in BG, Unfinished Business, and BG2 tweaks installed. I checked in shadowkeeper and the Kressleback variable is set to 3. I have tried using CLUA Console based on a previous post to force Lysan to show up, but have not been successful. I have version 8 of Icewind_tutu installed and below is my WeiDu log. Anyone out there that can give me some suggestions as to how I can fix this? Thanks!

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Fixpack (fixes residual errors in the converter - MUST BE INSTALLED): v8.0

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System (the bigg) -> Rebalanced Proficiencies (CamDawg): v8.0

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // First level characters can put more than 2 stars in any one proficiency: v8.0

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Add map notes: v8.0

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Make Heart of Winter accessible at any level: v8.0

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Never lose access to Orrick the Gray's trade goods: v8.0

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Voice of Durdel Anatha: v7

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #100 // Malavon's Golems: v7

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #200 // Expanded Guello/Beorn Quest: v7

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #300 // Marketh's Ring: v7

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #400 // Presio's Duel: v7

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #500 // Orrick's Rhino Beetle Shield: v7

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #600 // The High Baptist's Flock: v7

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #1500 // Minor Item Restorations: v7

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Restored Random Drops: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr): v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v14

Not sure if this helps at all, but I downloaded Near Infinity and poked around a bit and I may have found something (or maybe not). I don't know what I am doing, but it appears that the Lysan.CRE file has no script or dialogue. There is a CRE file (#3001H6.CRE) that has VSLYSAN.BCS Script and DLYSANPR.DLG attached to it which appears to mirror the LYSAN.CRE in terms of stats/spells known, etc.

I looked up the VSLYSAN.BCS and have pasted it below. Any chance someone could tell me if anything is broken? If not what I can try to get Lysan to appear? thanks,

IF

!Global("#save_loc_init","LOCALS",1)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("#save_loc_init","LOCALS",1)

SaveObjectLocation("LOCALS","#saved_loc",Myself)

Continue()

END

IF

!Global("SPRITE_IS_DEADLYSAN","GLOBAL",0)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

DestroySelf()

END

IF

!Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)

!Global("MAP_GROUP_HOSTILE1","MYAREA",0)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

Enemy()

Continue()

END

IF

Global("opened_boxes","LOCALS",0)

Global("KRESS_QUEST","GLOBAL",3)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

Unlock("BOX1")

Unlock("BOX2")

Unlock("BOX3")

Unlock("BOX4")

SetGlobal("opens_boxes","LOCALS",1)

Continue()

END

IF

Global("MAP_GROUP_HOSTILE1","MYAREA",0)

IsActive(Myself)

See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("MAP_GROUP_HOSTILE1","MYAREA",1)

Continue()

END

IF

THEN

RESPONSE #100

Enemy()

Continue()

END

IF

!IsActive(Myself)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

NoAction()

END

IF

HaveSpell(CLERIC_BLESS)

HPPercentLT(Myself,75)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

Spell(Myself,CLERIC_BLESS)

Wait(2)

Continue()

END

IF

Global("MAP_GROUP_HOSTILE1","MYAREA",0)

AttackedBy([GOODCUTOFF],DEFAULT)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

Enemy()

Continue()

END

IF

HaveSpell(CLERIC_SILENCE_15_FOOT)

OR(9)

See([PC.0.0.CLERIC_MAGE])

See([PC.0.0.CLERIC_THIEF])

See([PC.0.0.FIGHTER_CLERIC])

See([PC.0.0.FIGHTER_MAGE])

See([PC.0.0.FIGHTER_MAGE_CLERIC])

See([PC.0.0.FIGHTER_MAGE_THIEF])

See([PC.0.0.CLERIC_RANGER])

See([PC.0.0.MAGE])

See([PC.0.0.CLERIC])

!StateCheck(LastSeenBy(Myself),STATE_SILENCED)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

Spell(LastSeenBy(Myself),CLERIC_SILENCE_15_FOOT)

Wait(2)

END

IF

HaveSpell(CLERIC_CHARM_PERSON)

OR(2)

See([PC.0.0.FIGHTER])

!StateCheck(LastSeenBy(Myself),STATE_CHARMED)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

Spell(LastSeenBy(Myself),CLERIC_CHARM_PERSON)

Wait(2)

END

IF

THEN

RESPONSE #100

Help()

AttackReevaluate(LastSeenBy(Myself),75)

END

IF

AttackedBy(NearestEnemyOf(Myself),DEFAULT)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

FaceObject(LastAttackerOf(Myself))

Continue()

END

IF

NumTimesTalkedTo(0)

IsActive(Myself)

See([PC])

THEN

RESPONSE #100

StartCutSceneMode()

ClearAllActions()

MultiPlayerSync()

StartDialogueNoSet([PC])

END

IF

ActionListEmpty()

THEN

RESPONSE #100

MoveToSavedLocationn("#saved_loc","LOCALS")

END

IF

Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)

ActionListEmpty()

!See([PC])

THEN

RESPONSE #100

MoveToObject(Player1)

END

I was able to use the CLUAConsole to create Lysan based on advise from another board, but still wondering if there is something wrong with her BCS script if anyone that knows more about this stuff can take a look. In any case, thanks for a fantastic mod to bring IWD in to the BG2 engine! Much appreciated!

Already ran in to another apparent stop in the game. I just finished the Temple of the Forgotten God and grabbed the vial of mysterious liquid, but when I speak to Arundel I can't move the plot forward. He still says I need to go to the temple. Starting to think I have a bigger issue with my install where flags are not being set / recognized....

FYI, I uninstalled/reinstalled and started from scratch. I have IWD with Heart of Winter and Trial of the Lure Master installed. I then installed IWD in BG, the IWD in BG tweak pack, Unfinished Business and then BG2 Tweaks. I got to where I talked to Kresselback (sp?) and when I went to the Yetti Cave Lysan is not there again. I made sure to speak with her in Kuldahar and she did disappear from the inn afterwords, I also made sure to chose the correct option when speaking with Kress. The only thing I can think of is there is an error occurring due to the mods. I know from last time I can get past this issue by creating Lysan using the console, but I will still run in to the issue when I get back to Kuldahar of being unable to complete the temple of the forgotten god quest with Arundel. (assumption, but that is what happened last time). Therefore I think this may be a significant bug with this mod. thanks,

Finished HoW.

Hate to say it, but the crash free game ended to the sahuagin temple.

ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x9FFB75 File: ChVidImage3d.cpp Line: 899 Expression: FALSE Message: CVidCell::FXRender3dSetPalette: LoadFrame() failed

For me that only happened once, but the error message looked familiar, so I checked my old posts and found this from my first playthrough (v7.10).

Game crashed while fighting with Icasaracht.

ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x9FFB75 File: ChVidImage3d.cpp Line: 899 Expression: FALSE Message: CVidCell::FXRender3dSetPalette: LoadFrame() failed

That only happened once and I tried 4 or 5 more times.

That made me think it has something to do with the Sahuagins... or not.

Other than that...

Only the things with ice golems and water elementals that Grogerson already reported.

-> That was from v. 7.13 I found. Although it was appereantly fixed with v.8 I'm having major issues in the last 2 battles of HoW. This makes me believe that the main issue are the Sahuagins casting spells (maybe defensive). Other than that, all worked well for me.

Cheers.

In level 4 of the tower in Easthaven (with the crystal and single mirror), it says "A strange bluish light radiates from the image, forming a luminescent curtain of energy that bars your passage across the room," but nothing is blocking my path. I can go straight to the mirror and go to the next level.

The barrier is so you can't get the Crenshinbon, the crystal. The mirror is supposed to be accessible, since it leads to the final combat. Ask the right question there and this will be explained (don't want to give spoilers).