Quirk with the special cache in Spellhold (v21)

Angelsfury

Using component #7075 // Party's items are taken from them in Spellhold -> Normal mode, I found that the Bag of Holding would never actually empty the items that were pre-loaded as the special cache.

Items that I put into the bag could and would be taken out normally, but when the cache items were moved to the inventory, the bag closed and reopened, the cache was restored in its entirety (easy to check when I had several Scribbled Notes). Adding bag04 via the console on earlier saves produced the same results. Other containers found in game function normally, as did other BoHs added via console (19*-30).

Some internet searching implied this might be an occasional vanilla bug: some fresh ToB games that similarly granted a stash of items for new players would exhibit the same behavior.

It is also possible there is some interaction with BG2tweaks v11 (my last content mod immediately after SCSII) and its #1080 // Add Bags of Holding which also touches bag04.

I should also not that I am NOT using bottomless Bags of Holding.

This is not a huge deal, and is relatively easy to work around, but I wanted to make it known, in case the issue was not just me. :)

Thank you.

-=A=-

Full Weidu log and item files available on request. :)

Archived