SCS v24 Candlekeep Tutorial

wsmithjr

Discovered a problem with the option to remove the Candlekeep tutorial NPCs from the game. I'm using Easy Tutu and when you create a new character, it runs a function to properly set the traits for the PC. Part of this is that it removes the Bhaalspawn powers that are created with BG2 characters. However, when the tutorial NPCs are removed from Candlekeep, somehow this removes that Easy Tutu function, and brand new characters end up with double the hitpoints they are supposed to and also a full set of Bhaalspawn powers from BG1.

It's definitely SCS that is caused the problem, because I created a brand new installation and ONLY installed that single component, and the problem existed. Without SCS, it worked properly. Also, if you install the 2nd option to completely bypass the tutorial area, the problem does not exist.

Here is my WeiDU log from the new installation that causes the problem.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v24.05

~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4145 // Skip the Candlekeep tutorial sections -> Remove the tutorial NPCs from Candlekeep: v24.05

Thanks. I can only assume that for some random reason EasyTutu assigns that script to one of the monks. I'll move it in v25.

Cool. Glad I could help. Thanks for the work on the mod. Played BG ages ago and decided to give it a go with as many of the latest mods as I could get to work together. Looking forward to it ... hope it doesn't kick my butt too badly. :)

Archived