Dusting of an old Kit project

Jdracous

Hello.

Its been a while but some years ago I tried to make a cleric kit mod, the Priest of Lolth. I had marginal success but never got it to work completly. Eventually I got distracted and then a computer error cost me many of my old files. Long story short I lost intrest until now and had to restart completly. Trouble is I can't seem to even get as far as I did before. Back when I first worked on it I could get it to install but couldn't get the powers to actually work. This time I can't even get it to install.

Here is what I've got so far:

BACKUP ~Priest_of_LolthKit/backup~ // so WeiDU can uninstall

AUTHOR ~jdracous@Gmail.com~ // contact address displayed if installation fails

BEGIN ~Priest of Lolth Kit~ // name of this component

// internal name of the kit

ADD_KIT ~Priest_of_Lolth~

// appended to CLASWEAP.2da

~Priest_of_Lolth 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0~

// appended column-wise to WEAPPROF.2da

~Priest_of_Lolth 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0~

// appended to ABCLASRQ.2da

~Priest_of_Lolth 3 3 3 9 13 9~

// appended to ABCLSMOD.2da

~Priest_of_Lolth 0 0 0 0 0 0~

// appended to ABDCDSRQ.2da

~Priest_of_Lolth 17 0 0 0 0 0~

// appended to ABDCSCRQ.2da

// appended to ALIGNMNT.2da

~Priest_of_Lolth 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1~

// appended to DUALCLAS.2da

// path to your CLAB-style 2da file

~Priest_of_LolthKit/PRIEST_OF_LOLTH.2da~

// PC races and classes allowed to use this kit, from KITTABLE.2da

~K_C_H K_C_D K_C_G K_C_E K_C_HE K_C_HL K_C_HO~

// usability flags, added to the end of the KITLIST.2da entry

~0x00004000 2~

// HLA table to use; see LUABBR.2da

~Ci3~

// list of starting equipment for PCs starting in ToB. Appended column-wise to 25STWEAP.2da

~CHAN09 * HELM07 BAG20 RING06 RING31 * BOOT01 AMUL19 BRAC16 BELT06 AROW11,40 BULL03,40 BOLT06,40 POTN52,5 POTN4,2 POTN14,5 HAM07 SW1H27 STAF08~

// Lower, mixed, and help kit names and descriptions, added to KITLIST.2da

SAY ~priest of lolth~

SAY ~Priest of _Lolth~

SAY ~PRIEST_OF_LOLTH: All hail the spider queen, goddess of the demonweb pits. Lolth is an evil goddess most commonly worshiped by drow elves, but not exclusively. Like Lolth herself, her priests are cold, calculating, and cruel. They enjoy spreading misery and pain but above all they seek to dominate and enslave. Lolth is the superior Deity.

Advantages:

- May use poison once per day per five levels.

- May cast spider spawn once per day per ten levels.

Disadvantages:

- None

And here is the error message:

[PRIEST_OF_LOLTHKIT/SETUP-PRIEST_OF_LOLTHKIT.TP2] LEXER ERROR at line 49 column 1-6

Near Text: ~

invalid character [~]

HINT: Don't use MS Word to edit your .tp2 files - use ConTEXT (http://www.context.cx instead).

[PRIEST_OF_LOLTHKIT/SETUP-PRIEST_OF_LOLTHKIT.TP2] ERROR at line 49 column 1-6

Near Text: ~

Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: parsing [PRIEST_OF_LOLTHKIT/SETUP-PRIEST_OF_LOLTHKIT.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: problem parsing TP file [PRIEST_OF_LOLTHKIT/SETUP-PRIEST_OF_LOLTHKIT.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

I've compared these lines to other kits I've downloaded and know work but can't find the problem. Are there any veterans that could help?

I don't think that is the problem. None of the other working kits I compared it to have that either. I specifically checked for that before I posted.

I did try however and here is the new result:

PRIEST_OF_LOLTHKIT/SETUP-PRIEST_OF_LOLTHKIT.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 51 column 1-11

Near Text: :

GLR parse error

[PRIEST_OF_LOLTHKIT/SETUP-PRIEST_OF_LOLTHKIT.TP2] ERROR at line 51 column 1-11

Near Text: :

Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: parsing [PRIEST_OF_LOLTHKIT/SETUP-PRIEST_OF_LOLTHKIT.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: problem parsing TP file [PRIEST_OF_LOLTHKIT/SETUP-PRIEST_OF_LOLTHKIT.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

Oh, Okay, I think I got it now. I was putting th (~) in the wrong place when I added it. Thanks all, I've got more to do but at least its underway again.

Oh, and thank you for pointing out the underscore thing. I've no idea when those are needed and when they aren't.

If anyone has any other tips I'm all ears (or is it eye on a forum?).

Archived