Marketh is invincible (bug)

Tichy

Hello, thanks for the great mod!

I have, however, encounter a really weird problem while playing it - I've replaced Marketh's ring but when I fight him, he's invulnerable. I've even tried using the cheat console to kill him, but that doesn't do anything either...I suppose he's flagged as invincible?

Any idea what I could do?

I too am experiencing an invincible Marketh, though the my current sketch is a bit different.............

Here is exactly what happened................

We talked to Ginafae, then tried to pickpocket the ring from Marketh...............

this triggered the usual dialog strings which ended with him saying "you're going to have to catch me first" and DD away..............

He then DD right back, called for the guards, turned hostile and attacked.......................

We fought him and couldn't kill him, so we left................

We then talked to Norl, who said he needed the actual ring in order to make a copy of it..............

We went back to Ginafae who asks if we found a way to deal with Maketh's ring, we can only reply that we are working on it, then are taken to the two farewell options (yeah whatever or take care), no other dialog options are available (even after we acquire the oil of null effect).,...............

When we go back to Norl, he asks us if we have the ring, we can only tell him we're still working on it...........................

we are stuck at this point with no way to kill Marketh, obtain his ring or dialog options to advance this quest................

I was under the impression that Ginafae was supposed to steal the ring from Marketh so that we can take it to Norl to get copied, is this off???

In any event, we are stuck now with no way to advance and complete this quest............

Please help!!! :-)

ok, here is an update.................

I tried this quest again without trying to pickpocket Marketh first, it ended up the same way, with the same dead ends described in the previous post..............

I read the "OK, need help with Marketh" string which stated that you have to get Ginafae's help with this and she would give you a hint as to where to go next, she didn't..........................

I should also state that I had v4 installed, but upgraded to v7 before either of the attempts I described above..............

Help :-)

Archived