BG 2 TOB TWEAK DUAL CLASS RESTRICTIONS

RAVENSCLAW

I'm having same problem...and I have EE

Does it mean must have BGII EE? I only have BGI EE.

Erhm, what problem ? As I though the original poster was asking what the deal was with the component.

You should be able to install the BG2Tweakpacks Alter Dual-class Restrictions -tweak if you install it correctly. And no, the BG2EE is not out yet, so I have no idea about it even.

EDIT: Ahh, from the other thread:

Another thing I am noticing is that I did not get the option in the tweakpack to remove class restrictions or dual classing etc. etc. for all races. The option just wasn't there. The option for removing racial restrictions for kits was there but it errored out...I am at work now so I can't check my instal and which version of tweaks (or what the error was)...
This is probably a temporary state as there needs to be a few updates to the functions that handle the BGEE moding as a whole... or some such blark-. Hope it comes with the v15.
I'm having same problem...and I have EE

Does it mean must have BGII EE? I only have BGI EE.

Erhm, what problem ? As I though the original poster was asking what the deal was with the component.

You should be able to install the BG2Tweakpacks Alter Dual-class Restrictions -tweak if you install it correctly. And no, the BG2EE is not out yet, so I have no idea about it even.

EDIT: Ahh, from the other thread:

Another thing I am noticing is that I did not get the option in the tweakpack to remove class restrictions or dual classing etc. etc. for all races. The option just wasn't there. The option for removing racial restrictions for kits was there but it errored out...I am at work now so I can't check my instal and which version of tweaks (or what the error was)...
This is probably a temporary state as there needs to be a few updates to the functions that handle the BGEE moding as a whole... or some such blark-. Hope it comes with the v15.

I have double checked, so I have the latest version of BGEE and I have the V14...

It says not available for this version...so I am thinking perhaps it is misreading my BGEE as regular BG or something...maybe because I was rerunning the tweaks. Maybe it was there the first time and I did not notice and after the first time it no longer recognizes i have BGEE, just a modded version of BG. That is the best guess I can make, all I know is its not giving me the option.

I am just going to continue with the install I have. maybe after finishing I will try a clean install and see (and maybe V15 will be out by then)

I might do a clean-install sooner though if my Thac0 problems don't go away. THe displays are all screwy, which is a BGEE problem (not tweaks problem)..

However in the actual dialogue box it is rolling incorrectly (wrong bonuses) and it does not say what Thac0 (or AC of mobs) is being used...so no way to know if its just display issues or if the actual Engine is messed up.

OK so now they just released V1.2 of BGEE...how is this gonna work (or not) with tweaks?

Oh man...

I havea feeling I will need to wait a few weeks...clean install and start over from scratch? The way Steam works ( they suck ) you get the udpate automatically whenever they release one. This is all fine and well if they were selling (reselling) a game that had no modification and needed no motification.

As it seems though the work here at g3, which has always been great, will be far from obsolete...but is independent and therefore I can't help think/worry that just throwing on tweaks, then getting an update, then running more tweaks (or any 3rd party mod) that the game could potentiall break at any point and nobody would realistically be able to help me fix the game...and the answer always being, clean install/start over...including party...

And this could happen any time at random that I start the game and they have an update...then again this one took them a long time so we shouldn't expect another BGEE patch for a long time...maybe a year or more LOL...

Oh and then there is the whole, not buying BGIIEE or buy....I'm halfway to a EE full series playthrough....software wise.

Archived