some questions

kreso

I finished most of EE (1) with SCS, all toughest options apart Kobolds and New Assassin locations.

I haven't fought werevolves or Ice Island battles, but did final Sarevok.

Other than the bugs I reported:

- Spiders do indeed sometimes cast web in air

- Davaeorn's Horrors are no longer beside him, making this battle about 50% easier. He also seems to love casting fireballs onto ground, without any target nearby.

- Naaman (Iron Throne battle) and Krysten suffered from some weird bug. Over their heads a message gets displayed "reading a scroll" but the spell never gets cast.

- Krysten and Sarevok's mage (forgot his name, not Angelo, the other one) preformed an illegal move - Stoneskin+PFMW in a single round. I'm not sure if PFMW actually got casted (on screen it said so) but will try to replicate. Sarevok's mage also drank a healing potion in the same round, so he preformed 3 actions simultaneously.

- AI does not seem to detect Potion of Magic Blocking (blocks all spells of level 5 and lower)

Other than that, seems that it works flawlessly. Even the Ogre Berserkers use their Rage :D, Skeletons no longer get or use potions. GJ.

As for 2x spell per round; this is what happens

Baldr001_zpsa178cc70.png

EDIT:

The PFMW spell doesn't actually work it seems. The mage (Semaj!!!) isn't protected from magical weapons.

The PFMW spell doesn't actually work it seems. The mage (Semaj!!!) isn't protected from magical weapons.

Probably the wrong string is being displayed.

I guess, since the PFMW animation doesn't play.

Anyhow, I've tried (for a very short time, however, then reverted back to my good old BGT) playing EE1/SCS27 (post above is with v26. I play fast, but as fast as the updates come!).

I noticed 2 things - random enemies (Hobgoblins near FAI, Gnolls) seem to be getting some magical items, mostly ammo - can't say if this has anything to do with SCS, it didn't happen in v26

And second, that amulet which got copied is now gone completely. :D Both the original and the copied version.

Other than that, glow from SR Pro Evil is removed, and I have my Ogres instead of Ogrillons with MSIII.

For BGT install:

I just had Amarande (Archdruid of Cloakwood) use his shapeshift power. He transformed himself into a Lesser Basilisk.

I ran change-log but no mods seem to be affecting his scripted innates SPIN125.spl and SPIN127.spl (I don't use SCS, or any other shapeshifting tweaks). Looking via NI I found that SPIN127 has an effect Polymorph: into PLYBASS.cre - apperantly the Basilisk in question. SPIN127 changes correctly into Spider.

I cannot reproduce this if I create an Avenger druid myself - he uses different spells in his CLAB table (SPCL632, SPCL634).

- Davaeorn's Horrors are no longer beside him, making this battle about 50% easier. He also seems to love casting fireballs onto ground, without any target nearby.

- Naaman (Iron Throne battle) and Krysten suffered from some weird bug. Over their heads a message gets displayed "reading a scroll" but the spell never gets cast.

- Krysten and Sarevok's mage (forgot his name, not Angelo, the other one) preformed an illegal move - Stoneskin+PFMW in a single round. I'm not sure if PFMW actually got casted (on screen it said so) but will try to replicate. Sarevok's mage also drank a healing potion in the same round, so he preformed 3 actions simultaneously.

I haven't noticed any of these issues on my BGT install. It may be that these issues are EE specific.

This one, at least, I've found. Semaj's contingency (Stoneskin) has triggered, and he's drinking a potion in the same round. But it turns out that on BGEE, the string ref for "contingency" now points to "PFMW".

on BGEE, the string ref for "contingency" now points to "PFMW".

That explains a lot; since I never saw "contingency" line in feedback screen. Maybe "reading a scroll" line is changed similary as well. However those characters did not preform any actions instead, just wondered around. In BGT, they cast correctly.

For some other things of interest:

- Gorion is apperantly a high-level mage since he leaves behind usually 2 powerful potions. Sometimes I get lucky and he leaves things such as Potion of Magic Shielding, Oil of Speed or similar. Don't know if it's intended.

- statues in Chess game use potions. With all my love for this component, if they're statues (immune to mind effects) they probably shouldn't use potions. Honestly, I'd ban potions usage from almost anything in Durlag's tower since even Dwarven Doom Guards strike me as "animated objects"

- some enemies coded as thieves use potions of x giant strenght, which is illegal

- in BG2 part of BGT - I tought potions were removed from thieves Irenicus kills in Spellhold during cutscene ("Rupture of the Father"), they still appear, this is purely cosmetic

Is it possible, in theory at least, that the "casting fireballs onto ground" means he's targeting the invisible creature (bird or something) which gets created in the web/stinking cloud so enemies walk away from it? I did notice he constantly blasted fireballs near-middle point of where his trigger with web/cloud landed. He did target Cone of Cold correctly, while Sunfire has no targeting whatsoever. That's all I can say since I killed him prior to his low-level castings.

Battle Horrors seperation seems to be EE stiched. They're purposely left out of this fight and a hidden wall (like the ones in De'Arnise keep north of forge) is implemented in between Davaeorn and them, to ensure player doesn't meet them simultaneously. How this affects scripts involved, I don't know.

Sarevok's final battle can get slightly weird, to say the least. In the upper screenshot he's actually stuck behind Semaj, and can't move. I've also noticed that enemies seem to love gathering in that specific point of map, for some reason.

None of these happen in BGT.

I'm gonna try a new run as soon as Demi releases new IR, so I'll see if I can reproduce this stuff.

Is it possible, in theory at least, that the "casting fireballs onto ground" means he's targeting the invisible creature (bird or something) which gets created in the web/stinking cloud so enemies walk away from it? I did notice he constantly blasted fireballs near-middle point of where his trigger with web/cloud landed. He did target Cone of Cold correctly, while Sunfire has no targeting whatsoever. That's all I can say since I killed him prior to his low-level castings.

Some of this is sort-of-intentional. Davaeorn's intended strategy is to pin people in webs and then teleport around fireballing them. But it seems to be working worse on BGEE than it traditionally has on TUTU/BGT.

on BGEE, the string ref for "contingency" now points to "PFMW".

That explains a lot; since I never saw "contingency" line in feedback screen. Maybe "reading a scroll" line is changed similary as well. However those characters did not preform any actions instead, just wondered around. In BGT, they cast correctly.

For some other things of interest:

- Gorion is apperantly a high-level mage since he leaves behind usually 2 powerful potions. Sometimes I get lucky and he leaves things such as Potion of Magic Shielding, Oil of Speed or similar. Don't know if it's intended.

- statues in Chess game use potions. With all my love for this component, if they're statues (immune to mind effects) they probably shouldn't use potions. Honestly, I'd ban potions usage from almost anything in Durlag's tower since even Dwarven Doom Guards strike me as "animated objects"

- some enemies coded as thieves use potions of x giant strenght, which is illegal

- in BG2 part of BGT - I tought potions were removed from thieves Irenicus kills in Spellhold during cutscene ("Rupture of the Father"), they still appear, this is purely cosmetic

All of this fixed for v28.

Archived