some questions

kreso

Some more bugs/issues:

- Alhoon's Spell Trigger seems empty, he doesn't have any spells in it. He also used PFMW after he suffered from morale failure

- with SR (I don't know if this is a SR thing or SCS) summoned Glabrezu demons don't have Mirror Images

- with SR Liches tend to summon Death Knight (the equivalent of 7th level demon summon). They turn hostile on each other (lich and his summon). Same issue happens if a Lich (this apperantly only affects Liches) uses Simulacrum, he attacks him instantly

- Liches' sequencered fireshields don't show up animation as well, but they take effect (same as Rakshasas)

- in Guarded Compound, Temple District, Glabrezu didn't spawn downstairs

- mages love to use Melf's Meteors against characters protected by Spell Turning, so they bounce back

- Kangaxx the Demilich could have slightly less "Trap the Soul" abilities, even in PnP Demiliches can't use this 100s of times per battle. Since now he has other means of killing you, I'd make him use this up to 10 times or so

- Irenicus at Tree of Life used Wish - I wish for time to become my servant - nothing happened. Other mages who used this had Timestop+Alacrity.

- he was also apperantly a Conjurer, with a rather underwhelming trigger of 3x Elemental summons...which die to a single Death spell.

- Irenicus in Hell was nigh impossible with his Timestop/melee on Core difficulty without resorting to some engine abuses. I'd reccomend that CLUA option to disable timestop melee attacks is turned on by default.

Glabrezu here used their mirror images correctly, and the whole battle is very nice. I'd still prefer Tactics version, but this isn't bad at all - quite an epic battle if somehow you manage to survive 2 Timestops and exploding demons.

ToB

- a mage beneath Gromnir's castle apperantly had 3x Fireshield active at some point, and they stacked with each other (2x fire damage, 1x ice)

- Gromnir is not immune to vorpals, don't know if this is intended

- Fire Giants should probably be fearless

Some other stuff

- I was able to take down 929HP Firkraag before Alacrity (didn't have HLA's until ToB since I haven't done WK)...rather epic effort.

- even with 5xHP, Thaxsill'ya is very weak.

- Nizidriiman'yit proved quite challenging, I loved this battle. His breath tends to chunk fairly often.

- spellcasting Kangaxx managed to wipe out everyone besides my protagonist who was wearing some IR boots with Imprisonment immunity. It's a well done battle, I'd prefer if he didn't use Imp.Invisibility/Shadow Door but that's just me.

- Twisted Rune was the last fight I fought in SoA. Again, everybody died beside protagonist. It's quite challenging, probably would be easier with Mace of Disruption.

- I would gladly take a shot at Ust Natha, but I simply forgot to do it. Is it possible to CLUA myself there and start the battle via console?

- with SR (I don't know if this is a SR thing or SCS) summoned Glabrezu demons don't have Mirror Images
SR's Glabrezus have a permanent MI by default. I don't know

- with SR Liches tend to summon Death Knight (the equivalent of 7th level demon summon). They turn hostile on each other (lich and his summon). Same issue happens if a Lich (this apperantly only affects Liches) uses Simulacrum, he attacks him instantly
SR's Death Knight script has a check which is supposed to make the creature always ally with the summoner if the latter is AI controlled. @DavidW, does SCS alters the script in some way? Else I guess my own script may not work as intended.

Regarding Simulacrum, I didn't assigned any script to it, thus the issue surely isn't caused by SR.

- mages love to use Melf's Meteors against characters protected by Spell Turning, so they bounce back
I do think this is something I should handle within SR by making meteors not count as 3rd lvl spell.

- he was also apperantly a Conjurer, with a rather underwhelming trigger of 3x Elemental summons...which die to a single Death spell.
I still believe Banishment/Death Spell should allow a save.

- Irenicus in Hell was nigh impossible with his Timestop/melee on Core difficulty without resorting to some engine abuses. I'd reccomend that CLUA option to disable timestop melee attacks is turned on by default.
I second this.

I actually seem to recall DavidW writing me something like "feel free to implement no-melee during TS within SR if you wish because I no longer uses it", am I wrong?

SR's Death Knight script has a check which is supposed to make the creature always ally with the summoner if the latter is AI controlled. @DavidW, does SCS alters the script in some way? Else I guess my own script may not work as intended.

Death Knight does turn hostile, after few seconds, he starts of "green" and turns "red". Liches otoh destroy their Simulacrum almost instantly.

P.S.

As a sidenote, urelated to Glabrezus - I think with the mirror image fix not to protect from AoE anymore every mage of a decent level should use Protection from Magical Energy somewhere within his buffs. Otherwise, he's dead instantly, regardless of his invisibility/pfmw or whatever.

Here's some more ToB stuff:

- the "boss" spider in Sendai's Enclave (Lashar'ra) uses Spell Turning. Can't say if this is a feature or a bug. Phase Spiders there teleport near invisible creatures

- Sendai's Enclave, Odamaron Lich battle - one Apprentice is a vampire, she stands idle throughout the battle

-Diyatha battle - Nabassu there goes on a rampage an attacks his own allies.

Archived