Bugs and typos for v8

Kulyok

Please, report all bugs, typos and other issues here, so that we don't lose track of them.

(V8 adds BG2EE compatibility and practically nothing else, but we've included all the typo reports from the previous topic, I hope).

Hello!

I installed the mod into my BG2EE directory in Steam. The first encounter I came across, the one in the slums, has someone walk up to me and begin a dialog. In blue it says 'Invalid 109261:' Then in white it says, 'Invalid 109263'. I have the typical options to reply, but they all begin with 'Invalid' and then some number.

Did anything go wrong with the installation? Thanks!

Hello, welcome to G3!

I think it was Anne's rescue, and the character was her brother, Jon. I'm not very familiar with BG2EE environs yet, myself, I fear, but I'll do my best to help.

- Is Gaelan Bayle in the Slums from the original game talking normally?

- Are other encounters from the mod talking normally(for example, the Promenade, a young woman named Sheri at the Mithrest inn)?

You've started a new game after installing any mods, right? And you haven't installed any patches after installing the mod? And you haven't installed two mods at the same time? (all of these are no-nos)

And your game is in English and your mod is installed in English? (non-English BG2EE/mod installations are in trouble now)

If you've installed everything correctly and in English, then I'm not sure what to do yet, and I apologise for the inconvenience. I've started a new topic for BG2EE related bugs, so other modders who're familiar with the issue would take note: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=25878

(and I'll probably have to get BG2EE myself as soon as possible).

Thank you for the reply!

I did everything on your list of questions /except/ start a new game. I am going to try that next. If I get to the point where the NPC in the slums(I think you're right on the Anne's rescue part), and it happens again, I will uninstall the game and mod, and reinstall both.

I read the other link as well- I appreciate you checking into it for me! I'm going to check out this WeiDU thing, and learn a bit more about the file types. I've just broken away from console gaming to get back into PC games, so there's a bit of a learning curve here.

Again, I appreciate it!

I tried to install, but ran into the following message:

Kevins-MacBook-Air:~ kevinsmith$ /Applications/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ II\ -\ Enhanced\ Edition/Game\ Data/00782/BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition.app/Contents/Resources/Setup-RE.command ; exit;

-bash: /Applications/Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition/Game Data/00782/BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition.app/Contents/Resources/Setup-RE.command: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Any ideas?

Mac, right? Can you edit the command file so it doesn't have extra line breaks? I'll upload the new version as soon as I find someone who'd upload it.

Also, and it's important: as I understand, you should be installing into the same directory as chitin.key.

You're very welcome! I'm sorry for the inconvenience - I try my best to provide both versions for Win and Mac, but my Mac inexperience shows. Thanks to pro5 for pointing out my mistake. Okay, any PPG mods I've changed are now updated, including UB, and I've sent new links for Angelo and RE to Ace for uploading. Windows users needn't update.

I had the same problems here (Mac) and tried the new file you linked to. It still doesn't work, but I get the following message now. I've done the chmod on the file and followed all other instructions :(

Andrews-MacBook-Pro:~ Andy$ /Applications/BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition.app/Contents/Resources/Setup-RE.command ; exit;

/Applications/BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition.app/Contents/Resources/Setup-RE.command: line 5: ./Setup-RE: Permission denied

logout

[Process completed]

Archived