Minor Bug for BG2 Tweaks v. 14

Caleramaen1

I ran into a small bug when trying to create a new character. I am running BG:EE v. 1.2 and have the Remove multiclass restrictions and remove racial single class restrictions components installed. I tried to create a Dwarf Paladin, but when I clicked on the abilities button in character creation the game locks up and I have to use Task Manager to close it. As far as I can tell this bug only affects the creation of Dwarf Paladins. I could create a Paladin of every other race, and I could create Dwarves with other previously restricted classes including sorcerers and bards.

I don't use those tweaks, but Paladins have a minimum charisma of 17, while Dwarves have a maximum charisma score of 16....so probably the game gets confused. Afaik, ToBEx disabled the same tweak for the very same reason.

I don't use those tweaks, but Paladins have a minimum charisma of 17, while Dwarves have a maximum charisma score of 16....so probably the game gets confused. Afaik, ToBEx disabled the same tweak for the very same reason.

Makes sense, I'd forgotten 2nd edition rules put dwarven charisma that low.

Archived