Problem with 'More consistent Breach spell' and liches.

Alsn

[And you didn't use CTRL-R to first remove all his buffs right? Because doing so fixes it for me, and enables me to breach them just fine.

Yes I did, and now I got same thing as you people. But I know what causes this. Liches wear a ring which SCS modifies NOT to include immunity to spell level 5, but rather immunity to specific spells of 5th level, so that Breach spell would work. However, upon meeting a Lich,his script casts spell on him.(DW#licim.spl) which grants him some immunites. One of them is the one causing Breach to be innefective, immunity to spell level 5. I just edited out the specific immunity (he should, and does get it already with his ring) from dw#licim.spl and he is breached, without CTRL-R beforehand - doing that removed the spell dw#licim.spl effect from him, hence he was breachable. If you can handle NearInfinity, it's an easy fix.

Greetings once again!

First of all, sorry for the necro! I haven't had much time to spend on Baldur's for some time, but now I'm thinking of hitting it up again. I would love to solve the Lich issue first however. I have never used NI before, but i have downloaded it and got it running. Thereafter I found the DW#LICIM.SPL in the Override folder. It says something about Invisibility in the "Spell description" tab. In the Abilities tab I've tried to hit View/edit on Melee (the only one shown), which brings up certain "effects" I guess. They are called things such as Immunity to effect (101), Immunity to spell level (102) and so on. My question is then, how do I find the specific one responsible for Breach, and secondly, how do I edit it out?

I've looked at the Immunity to spell level (102) ones, but there are only 4 entries, and upon viewing the in the View function I can only seem to find the ones showing 1, 2, 3, or 4 under the "Spell level" attribute.

Sorry for perhaps being completely numbnuts on this, but I'm afraid of breaking something :)

No need for any of that. Just download Mad Mate's "SCS fixpack".

.. and extract it to the game folder which overwrites the needed in SCS files BEFORE you install the mod. Make sure that it asks to overwrite files, or the extraction wasn't targeted correctly, and the fixes won't work.

No need for any of that. Just download Mad Mate's "SCS fixpack".

.. and extract it to the game folder which overwrites the needed in SCS files BEFORE you install the mod. Make sure that it asks to overwrite files, or the extraction wasn't targeted correctly, and the fixes won't work.

True. if SCS is already installed, remove the opcode "immunity to spell level", level 5, from dw#licim.spl.

Archived