Item Revisions & Item Randomizer

Cahir

Demi, would you be able to release Readme to upcoming version before releasing actual mod? I'd love to cross-check Readmies with Item Randomizer and see what exactly did you add to the v4. We had a short conversation on EE forums about IR vs Randomizer conceptual aspect, but I think reading both Readme documents would shed more light on how these two mods handle things.

Besides this way I'll have more time to at least try to figure out, how to combine both mods in most satisfying way :) Because both mods seems VERY appealing to me.

Splitted the topic because we were going kinda off topic in case Folas cared about it.

Demi, would you be able to release Readme to upcoming version before releasing actual mod? I'd love to cross-check Readmies with Item Randomizer and see what exactly did you add to the v4. We had a short conversation on EE forums about IR vs Randomizer conceptual aspect, but I think reading both Readme documents would shed more light on how these two mods handle things.

Besides this way I'll have more time to at least try to figure out, how to combine both mods in most satisfying way :) Because both mods seems VERY appealing to me.

I'll be honest, if you want a full list of changes applied by Store Revisions I cannot provide it to you right now. :( The readme changes for the new release really doesn't shed any new light when it comes to this matter.

Arda actually has more insight than me regarding store revisions and items re-allocations, but as I said you within BGEE forums, there's no technical incompatibility between our component and Item Randomizer mod. There's only a conceptual difference in terms of scope, because within IR we strive to put each and every item where we think it suits best (taking into account background, lore, power level, type of store or creature, etc.) and thus we do not want those items to be anywhere else.

Short answer - compatibility is 99% not going to be supported, because both mods do the opposite of each other. It's not something that can be normally fixed, WeiDU or not.

You can certainly try to install both, but there will be missing and duplicate items. Unless Wisp added guards to removing items from their expected places, that is.

Ok, thanks for answers, I guess I'll stick with one of them at least for my first full BGEE + BG2EE playthrough.

Do you anticipate any problems with Item Revisions v4 + Weimer's Item Upgrade v40 combo in BG2EE? Should IR goes first on install list or second?

Archived